FPS on Supercarrier - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #11
fagulha

I´m very eager for this module since i can remember but my fears are with VR.
But i´m sure i will enjoy it.

Best regards and keep up,
F.
fagulha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #12
BuzzU

Quote:
Originally Posted by =BJM= View Post
For a bit of perspective...

1440p monitor, i5 7600k at 4.6GHz, 1080 Ti and 32Gb of 3200MHz RAM here...while on the deck of the Stennis in the Tomcat, four static aircraft parked, in the middle of open water, out of site of land, empty mission, I see FPS drop into the 50's.

This is with shadows low, terrain shadows flat, MSAA 2x, SSAA off...

Along with deck sliding, FPS impact is my biggest concern with the new carrier.
A drop into the 50's. What do you normally get?
Old 12-09-2019, 09:46 PM   #13
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Carrier is likely less to render than an entire airfield and surrounding area
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #14
=BJM=

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
A drop into the 50's. What do you normally get?
It varies greatly...

This is all in the Tomcat; Viper and Hornet are on average about 10-20 FPS higher.

On the ground at Nellis, completely empty map, FPS around 90.

Flying over Las Vegas or Persian Gulf cities, FPS will drop into 60's, sometimes 50's...completely empty map.

Over open desert or ocean, clear blue sky and empty map, FPS will shoot up to 120+ and even max at my refresh rate of 144 at times.

Near cities or other aircraft, FPS takes a significant hit and I struggle to maintain 60 FPS...away from everything, it is perfectly fine.

For me to maintain 60 FPS in all situations, I have found I need to turn shadows off, mirrors off, and turn down visib range.
=BJM= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #15
=BJM=

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Empty airfield compared to empty carrier...sure.

It all evens out though as soon as you start adding just a few aircraft. I see the same 40-50 FPS drop with just a few aircraft added to the ramp of an airfield or carrier deck.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #16
fagulha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Yes, good point.
I was just asking because i use to populate a lot my Stennis with mods, crew, etc, and still get fps to fly but now with some animated crew i was wondering how it goes.

Thank you,
F.
fagulha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:33 AM   #17
MegOhm_SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Trooper View Post
looking forward to loading this carrier up with choppers!
e

Just don't block the Cats like the P51s always do.

Thing is....Zuckerberg is definitely an Alien... Some Kind of Grey Hybrid

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, Oculus S, Win 10
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:38 AM   #18
KTFBGB

Quote:
For a bit of perspective...

1440p monitor, i5 7600k at 4.6GHz, 1080 Ti and 32Gb of 3200MHz RAM here...while on the deck of the Stennis in the Tomcat, four static aircraft parked, in the middle of open water, out of site of land, empty mission, I see FPS drop into the 50's.

This is with shadows low, terrain shadows flat, MSAA 2x, SSAA off...

Along with deck sliding, FPS impact is my biggest concern with the new carrier.
Well you are using a GPU designed for driving a 1080P monitor, and you are asking it to drive a 1440p. What do you expect? Not being a jerk, just saying. Asking more of your hardware than it was optimized for.
KTFBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:02 AM   #19
=BJM=

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFBGB View Post
Well you are using a GPU designed for driving a 1080P monitor, and you are asking it to drive a 1440p. What do you expect? Not being a jerk, just saying. Asking more of your hardware than it was optimized for.
If a 1080 Ti is meant for 1080p, then what GPU's are for 1440p, 4K, and VR?
Old 12-10-2019, 03:05 AM   #20
Sn8ke_iis

Quote:
It varies greatly...

This is all in the Tomcat; Viper and Hornet are on average about 10-20 FPS higher.

On the ground at Nellis, completely empty map, FPS around 90.

Flying over Las Vegas or Persian Gulf cities, FPS will drop into 60's, sometimes 50's...completely empty map.

Over open desert or ocean, clear blue sky and empty map, FPS will shoot up to 120+ and even max at my refresh rate of 144 at times.

Near cities or other aircraft, FPS takes a significant hit and I struggle to maintain 60 FPS...away from everything, it is perfectly fine.

For me to maintain 60 FPS in all situations, I have found I need to turn shadows off, mirrors off, and turn down visib range.
Have you tried a frame rate limiter set to 60? Sounds like your CPU/GPU is doing a lot of extra work. The hotter your CPU and GPU get, the more likely they are to throttle. Do you have an AIO for your CPU or is it aircooled? A little bit of CPU overclocking goes a long way in the DCS engine. PM me if you want any help with tuning. I'm sure we can get you a few frames.

Mirrors are one of the biggest FPS killers. Once you are up in the air at high altitude you can usually turn them on. Cockpit display resolution applies to mirrors as well. Turning shadows completely off seems kind of drastic. Turning down heatblur and Depth of field/motion blur off are a big help with little impact on image quality.

I would just ignore the other guy. 1080 Ti was the first card that could hit 4K consistently

Pit:
Samsung Q6FN 65" 4K|TrackIR 5|Sennheiser PC 363D headphones|HP Reverb Pro|Realsim FSSB|TM Warthog HOTAS w/Rainman curved extension, MFDs|Vipergear IPC|Buddyfox UFC| Saitek Throttle Quad, Trim Wheel|MFG Pedals|Playseat Flightseat| Monstertech HOTAS mount|Gametrix Jetseat
Sn8ke_iis is offline   Reply With Quote