Tacview 1.2 is out!

Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.2 is available, enjoy!

http://www.strasoftware.com/download/tacview

The major improvement in this version is the support for advanced telemetry. This means that all available data is now accurate (like heading and speed). This also means that there is now no limit of what can be imported in Tacview. For instance, in this version you can now see radar locks, gear, IAS, airbrakes, flaps… in the HUD and telemetry boxes. More custom and detailed data will be available in the incoming releases.

Notice: The amount and quality of available data depends of the simulator used to record data.

In the next major release I'm going to write a new 3D renderer to display a clear view of the battlefield. Amongst other things, you will be able to display NATO icons and see the whole earth at once!

Here are the main improvements of this version:

• ADDED Full support for DCS World
  • ADDED Advanced telemetry. This gives accurate speed and heading in DCS/F4, enable the export of any possible data.
  • ADDED Radar Locks for F4 and Flaming Cliffs
  • ADDED IAS, Thrust, Afterburner, Gear, Flags, Air-brakes in telemetry data (or the HUD) (some information are not available with some simulators)
  • ADDED Distance in charts
  • ADDED Telemetry between select objects in the 3D view
  • ADDED New unit systems (e.g. for WWII airplanes)
  • ADDED 64-bit executable to load huge flights (automatically installed)
  • IMPROVED Objects types decoding for F4 flights
  • IMPROVED Charts curves to be smoother
  • IMPROVED Terrain for BMS (now using level of detail #2 instead of #0)
  • FIXED Charts data export was not always properly working
  • FIXED Charts legends was not always accurate
  • FIXED Aircraft orientation (heading) in F4 world

TacviewRadarLockBVR2.jpg

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 3
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool many thanks for the exelent work :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks man!

Why aren't you charging at least a buck for this through the ED partners program? Do you have a donate button anywhere?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks man!

Why aren't you charging at least a buck for this through the ED partners program? Do you have a donate button anywhere?

Buy a copy of the home or pro versions. :smilewink:

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

How Do I use this with DCS World? I installed and run it. But no DCS file matches to be opened up. Also there is no manual to be found. Not on the website nor in the download...

???

Once installed it doesn't need to be running to record your flights.

After you've completed your flight, launch tacview and open the saved recording. It'll be in 'mydocuments/tacview'

Does this affect performance in any way? I haven't noticed any hit, but was wondering out of curiosity.

I hadn't noticed any, even back when I was running on a 3.0GHz Quad Core with 4GB, and I would suspect that the since it is only collecting data (possibly less than the sim tries to for tracks) the impact on a decent system would be minimal.

It would be interesting to hear from someone running it on a lower end system though since World appears to be quite a bit of a different animal performance wise, for some people at least.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

TacView has already settle a debate within our squadron. No more fish stories and no more excuses. Thanks for your hard work and keep it coming.

The only thing I would like to add would be a standard report of who, shot what, was hit by, and if they failed to observe such things as the hard deck of 2000 ft. Be nice to have a series of attributes to pick from.

You can easily generate a square shape and place it over the area of the battle at the desired altitude ... there is your hard-deck, you can visually see who broke it without having to carefully watch the telemetry :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...

In Tacview 1.3, I want to be able to see the whole battlefield at once and without cluttering issues.

So I’m writing a new 3D renderer to be able to see the whole earth and to display clean NATO icons and objects labels.

This is a lot of work, so I’m working step by step to not break anything and to always have a working version.

I’ll post some screenshots as soon as I’ll have an interesting result.

Congratulations on a really nice program. Looking forward to the tactical overview incorporation - any teases / info on what you have in mind for that? Thanks again,
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Fantastic, really looking forward to that.

Vyrtuoz, is there any way to detect pickle button presses in DCS so Tacview can record "simulated" missile launches in training?

And any idea when online debrief in Tacview Pro will be implemented?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL