How do i JDAM on multiples?

amagad

Hi, i have read the manual and watched several videos on youtube about this but i still cant get it right. How do i use jdam on multiple target in one pass? Can anyone write a step by step guide on this? I read somewhere that i have to tgp the target and set a mark point for each target but my question is, when i press tms right short to set the mark point, how do i know wich mark point i just set , where can i see this and how do i switch the mark points so the tgp points to each target with its assigned mark points (i mean whats the key i should press on the warthog hotas)? Also when i spi the tgp i cant seem to center it back to the middle of the hud anymore. How can i reset the tgp view to the center after i slave it to spi?

Thanks.

Asus P7P55D Pro

Intel i7 @ 4.0 GHZ

8gb xms ddr3 memory

500gb SATA HD

ATI 5870

27" Dell LCD Monitor

Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

HOTAS WartHog

Thrustmaster MFD's

8" lcd monitors x2 (mfd)

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

TrackIR5

Search results:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60030

Qy-RNLLP-Rs

Use the search button - there for a reason ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 8 years later...

You can name the mark points yourself in the CDU after you make them. I used to go backwards from Z for naming. then make sure your selector switch is changed from flightplan to mark points.

Schurem I could have talked you through it if you had not blown me out the sky in the fly-in:P

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To use mark points properly, you have to switch the "mode knob" on the CDU panel to "MARK". In that mode, you can then use DMS up/down to cycle through all the mark points, just like you can cycle through all the waypoints when that knob is set to WAYPT mode. In MARK mode the TAD will display all your mark points on the TAD (map display), so you can verify what is what. To throw JDAMs on them, you first have to set your Sensor Point of Interest (SPI) to Steerpoint (STPT). You do that by pressing TMS down long iirc. Your HUD should then show STPT in its bottom left corner. When this is the case (and the "mode knob" on the CDU panel is set to MARK), then you can drop a JDAM on the selected steerpoint (which is now your selected markpoint) and then use TMS down/up to cycle to the next markpoint to drop anbother JDAM.

About your TGP: China hat aft short recenters the TGP and china hat aft long slews it to your current SPI iirc.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is there an explanation in text? I'm old, I rather read than watch.

I too am old but also watch ;) Basically it works like this (I'm not on my gaming PC so this is a very rough guide)

1. Find the targets using your LITENING pod

2. Lase the target and TMS short right to create the markpoint

3. repeat 1 and 2 for each target

4. Switch to mark on the CDU

5. Select JADAM program on MFCD (Ensure its set to CCRP)

6. HUD SOI

7. Fly towards first mark point

8. After drop cue for Mark A, cycle to Mark B using DMS up and down and pickle each Mark

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Technically you’re supposed to make Mission Points out of the Mark Points and then have Steerpoint as SPI...

What are Mission Points?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Then why are you supposed to make waypoints out of markpoints if you can just use the markpoints as steerpoints?

Tornado3 small.jpg

What Eddie said...

(I don’t think of them as waypoints because, to me, they are battlefield-created locations that are not part of a flight plan (although they could be added or inserted into one))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

(I don’t think of them as waypoints because, to me, they are battlefield-created locations

I thought that's what markpoints are for?

Tornado3 small.jpg

I may be wrong, but I believe IRL, mark points do not “talk” to the weapons system whereas waypoints do. The GBU-38 needs initial inertial guidance before it picks up GPS after it's dropped.

Yes, you can drop on mark points but it’s not the “real world” way to do it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

So, in real life, each JDAM is simply programmed to specific coordinates without the use of markpoints?

How do you transfer a markpoint to a waypoint? Is there a manual section for it? If yes I'll gladly search for it.

You can make a waypoint out of a mark point. Just hit OSB9 on the CDU display on the right MFCD and then you can rename it to whatever you want. Then you change to "MISSION" instead of "MARK" on the CDU.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

My multi target workflow:

Initial Setup:

Right MFD - CDU (this is where you will see your Mark Points as they are created)

Left MFD - TGP (Make SOI)

Go wheel (orbit) at a safe distance from targets

1.) locate and mark target (TMS Right Short)

2.) verify mark appears on CDU display

3.) repeat 1-2 as required

4.) CDU Steerpoint knob to Mark (or FUNC/8 on the UFC)

5.) Set HUD to SOI (Coolie Hat Forward/Up)

6.) China Hat Aft Long to slave sensors to steerpoint

7.) Cycle through your mark points using DMS up/down to verify targets. Watch the TGP as you do so. Set to Mark A (assuming this is the first point on this attack run).

8.) DMS right/left to select JDAM

9.) run in on Mark A and pickle per your HUD cues.

10.) immediately after pickle on A, DMS up to cycle to next Mark Point - pickle per your HUD cue - repeat until done

My command staf pointed out that yes, you can drop using mark points but SOP dictates that you make the Mark Point SPI.

What’s not “kosher” is dropping GBU-38s / 31s via the TGP as if they were GBU-12s / -24s

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

@Emmy...please clarify what you mean by 'not kosher' in that scenario...I do it all the time.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

What’s not “kosher” is dropping GBU-38s / 31s via the TGP as if they were GBU-12s / -24s

Emmy is that a "Weapon Restriction", a "TGP Restriction" or "Command restriction"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

@Emmy...please clarify what you mean by 'not kosher' in that scenario...I do it all the time.

If you drop JDAMs on markpoints or waypoints, you can be fairly certain that they'll hit in the vicinity of the intended target. But with TGP as SPI Generator, I imagine a lot of things could go wrong. Maybe a wrong push on the slew cursor just before drop, and the weapons will be way off. Hopefully not in the direction of some friendlies... :music_whistling:

Using mark- or waypoints for JDAMs seems more precise and less error prone to me, and I can easily see why that would be SOP in the real world.