"DCS site is closed for maintenance."

Xjikz

It's easy to mix them up since the game engine itself works in the more rational SI/Metric system (at least what we can see from the Simple Flight Model) as this simplifies things.

The engine would be a nightmare of conversion factors if Imperial units were used instead (except converted for final display on your HUD).

Hopefully, DCS will allow us to choose the desired format from the Options screen, thus everyone can have their cake and eat it too.

For US aircraft, all of the real-world performance data, all of the manuals, and all of the cockpit instruments and displays are computed, printed, formatted and displayed in Imperial units.

Personally, I don't have any desire to use the metric system in the game, and especially not in the mission editor. With few exceptions, the metric system is irrelevant to mission planning, weaponeering, and flying in the USAF.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Whats the name of that young French singing babe again?

Ah yes Alizee...mmm, tasty.

i tried 3 times and cannot make it past 1:56

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I guess I'm the only one not so exited about dcs a-10. To me it will be a pain....

why?

because I will have buy it the same day of the release ergo I will most likely be at work; I will have to wait until 5 PM to grab my car and run to my house without getting a speeding ticket; it will take me another 45 minutes to get home (traffic is awful here ) after that; I will have to endure the stressful process of downloading the game; I will count each bit of data being downloaded to my computer; I will look desperate at the loader seeking for the magical 100%; after that I would have to gather strength to endure the installation process.

After all that I will come to realize my worts nightmare! I won't be able to play it because my computer wont be powerful enough :( that would be the worst torture; knowing that I will have the best simulator ever produced but wont be able to use it! It would be like having a fully loaded su-27 on my garage but without the pilot license to use it!

I guess I'm the only one not so exited about dcs a-10. To me it will be a pain....

why?

because I will have buy it the same day of the release ergo I will most likely be at work; I will have to wait until 5 PM to grab my car and run to my house without getting a speeding ticket; it will take me another 45 minutes to get home (traffic is awful here ) after that; I will have to endure the stressful process of downloading the game; I will count each bit of data being downloaded to my computer; I will look desperate at the loader seeking for the magical 100%; after that I would have to gather strength to endure the installation process.

After all that I will come to realize my worts nightmare! I won't be able to play it because my computer wont be powerful enough :( that would be the worst torture; knowing that I will have the best simulator ever produced but wont be able to use it! It would be like having a fully loaded su-27 on my garage but without the pilot license to use it!

LOL... Oh the pain of DCS:W being released...

Btw.. if BS runs well on your PC then A-10C should be ok ;)

I'm retired so good to go! :D

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

@BoneDust

people can't just retire in this day and age, damn rescission is on! :helpsmilie:

I hear ya. Even when you're retired its getting harder with shrinking incomes higher cost etc. :(

Then fix yer swimming Hog. :P

I'm getting to it. I've been busy with other higher priorities :music_whistling:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I can't lift my hand to the mouse to google it....

Try the other hand...........If no luck, 'nose' 911 :cry:

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

We've got a little surprise coming...

Is it DX11 :lol:

Seriously, what is it? Surprises is what starts all wars. << Fact :music_whistling: You wouldn't want to start a war, would you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Left arm/shoulder in severe pain, difficulty breathing ... do not confuse with acid reflux or an anxiety attack, both of which you are probably having instead ;)

Can someone confirm the symptoms of a heart attack.....?

I can't lift my hand to the mouse to google it....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

We have A-10C. What do you have to bring to this war? :P

Is it DX11 :lol:

Seriously, what is it? Surprises is what starts all wars. << Fact :music_whistling: You wouldn't want to start a war, would you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda