*** Tree Shader Mod 2.0 ***

TekaTeka

I'm getting more and more delighted by this mod, I just recorded some videos where I experimented with Zoom In option (Ctrl+*).

Trees remain dense as in default view and I remember it was like "see thru" with default Trees...

What a great Mod!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I have a minor problem with Lock On trees after a full reinstall.

I use tree shader mod 2.0 , all looks good except I can see trees through clouds like this:

solpm4.jpg

I can't remember what setting was controlling it. I can't find the old "comunity help" section of the forum.

Any idea?

I have trees cliping at 15 000, and trees density at 200 000. Also fogparam1: 12 , fogParam2: 0.2, ObjectFogMultimplier: 0.2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Lol, and I was quite "talkative" in that thread...

I'll give a try and see if I can obtain something.

Thanks for reminding me 159th_Viper.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is not from driver... I mean... in the end it is but, it depends on how the graphic engine uses the driver. And as we know The engine has some years on its back and the drivers are usualy optimized for latest game engines.

I tried to use again those settings jason_peters recomendend in that thread but it didn't woked...

Two things...

1. The structuretable.sht modification give me error and couldn't load the game correctly.

2. The modification jason_peters was talking about was about fog... I am not sure if clouds behave same as fog. They look similar but... I think there are some differences.

Maybe Teka-Teka will have the time to post some clarification about this... maybe now he knows better how the engine works after some time working close to ED... if he can share the info obviously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try editing Config\graphics.cfg.

There are general graphic settings for low, medium and high settings.

Each tree has two values in parenthesis. Try setting the second one to 15000.

That's how I had it when I installed TSM-2.0 and I had no issues!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vekkinho, are you claiming that you use Tekateka tree shader mod and your trees are not visible through clouds? Please post screenshot where tree clipping is set to 10km, set cloud height at 2-3km and density 8, then start quick mission, climb over the clouds and have forest trees underneath, then take a screenshot...

No longer active in DCS...