DCS World Updater Batchscript

FalcoGer

I was fed up with the hassle of having to deal with the updater on the command line, so I made a command line gui type thing for it with a simple batch script. No longer fuffing about with the console when all you want to do is repair your install or swap to openbeta.

Download the attached file, rename it with the extention .BAT, alter the installation path at the top of the file as required and execute.

DCS World Launcher.txt

Thanks for that . It's great how this community shares .

Have you seen this ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

It may give you some ideas if you wish to further develop your batch files , which i would assume would use less system resources than a GUI utility .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

It may give you some ideas if you wish to further develop your batch files , which i would assume would use less system resources than a GUI utility .

I don't think you need to worry about system resources for a GUI if you run DCS. I just was too lazy to boot up VS to write a nice C# winforms.

Also no, I didn't see.

• 2 weeks later...

The automatic check for updates is only performed once every 24 hours. After you canceled the update, the updater program probably had started that 24 hour period already.

But yeah, having a manual way to apply updates is handy. But I use a windows shortcut for that as well ...