Idle RPM above 1500

Razor18

Hi Guys,

after a training flight, in the shutdown part of the lesson in a parking spot the IP says "Reduce RPM to 1500". I pull the throttle to idle, but RPM remains around 1700-ish, and doesn't seem to be coming down any more, so lesson doesn't progress. And it is not a joystick calibration problem, I checked it.

I know it is probably the heat still remaining in the engine that keeps the RPM up a bit, but apart from quitting the mission, what should I do differently to fulfil the IP requirement to get the RPM down to 1500 for a proper shutdown?

Thanks

Maybe hit Home or End key? Often mapped to throttle for idle cutoff. the detents on Hotas Cougar or later should do this too but haven't tried mapping it yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Hi Guys,

after a training flight, in the shutdown part of the lesson in a parking spot the IP says "Reduce RPM to 1500". I pull the throttle to idle, but RPM remains around 1700-ish, and doesn't seem to be coming down any more, so lesson doesn't progress. And it is not a joystick calibration problem, I checked it.

I know it is probably the heat still remaining in the engine that keeps the RPM up a bit, but apart from quitting the mission, what should I do differently to fulfil the IP requirement to get the RPM down to 1500 for a proper shutdown?

Thanks

This is unusual. When I cut to idle, the RPMs drop to about 700ish.

Make sure your throttle is set correctly. Open controls, go to axis, find your throttle and the controller you're using, click on it (should highlight it in blue) and click on Axis Tuning on the bottom. When then window comes up, ensure that when you go through your full range of motion on your controller for the throttle, the axis goes from the very top-right corner to the very bottom-left corner.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Oh shoot... was looking at the MP gauge reading 17 on idle... D'ouh :doh:

Thanks for help

Haha, no worries, Merry Xmas

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Haha! Happy New Year! I wish I could map my radar dial to rpm/pitch like I did in CFS3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Update. No worries. I found how to do it. I was just missing the engine rpm setting entry above the button commands in the controls window. Much better! You can keep HOTAS while dogfighting and fine tune that for speed or max climb without fiddling around with the buttons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]