DCS Civilian Mods

Joe_rowe

Hi guys,

I am pretty sure it is somewhere but I cannot find it in the stickies. I do not want to hijack this thread, but someone could point me out how to install objects mods like this one?

Also I guess that if I write a mission using those, there are not imported in the mission? Meaning that if I share the mission they will need to install that mod first. (just want to confirm)

Thanks!

Hello,

The info is at the download section:

To install:

0. - If you have earlier versions, just overwrite when prompted. Previous content will still be intact.

*Large heliports will need to be re-added.

**Lit vehicles are now ground units and need to be re-added from the ground unit menu.

1. - Unzip and place the extracted folder called "Civil_Objects" to:

- C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\

To use:

2. - Open up mission editor - sel ect Static Object button - choose category "Structures" or "Heliports".

- You will find entries starting with "Civ".

- To add movable vehicles - Choose New Ground Unit - You will find the vehicles in the "Unarmed" category.

- Place on map.

* Heliports will allow you to start from the pad (hot, cold, parking, ramp), these act differently to the helipads.

** DCS engine handles heliport placement differently to static objects (mainly height), that’s why a block has been added.

if you make a mission to share, each person who downloads your mission must have this MOD installed, this is normal, just include the information in your mission descriptions.

Thanks

@ joe rowe

Very nice mod. I have been waiting for cars with flashing lights a long time.

Don`t misunderstand me, but imho the cars look a littlebit too clean. Some "dirt" like they get in every day use would let them look more realistic. In a way the grey ambulance looks right now.

And at nighttime the flashing lights are extremly bright.

These little changes would make this beautiful mod even better. make it a 1+++ !

Hello.

I am aware that most of the vehicles are to clean for the DCS environment and need some work, I was just thinking about this last week and will when I get some time make some changes.

As for the lights? Do you fly in VR or on 2D screen? I only ask as I never use 2D only VR to test my MODS and think that the levels are OK. I live next to a hospital in real life and see every night the ambulances driving by all the time and the blue lights are REALLY bright! much brighter than I can replicate in DCS.

Thanks

this is amazing work and a beautiful mod! maybe you can also make eastern side/warsaw pact/cold war/soviet era vehicle and equipment mod? this would be awesome, to see some Zil´s, Kraz´s, Kamaz`s, UAZ´s and other soviet hardware around. . .

Anything is possible

Thanks

Hello.

I am aware that most of the vehicles are to clean for the DCS environment and need some work, I was just thinking about this last week and will when I get some time make some changes.

As for the lights? Do you fly in VR or on 2D screen? I only ask as I never use 2D only VR to test my MODS and think that the levels are OK. I live next to a hospital in real life and see every night the ambulances driving by all the time and the blue lights are REALLY bright! much brighter than I can replicate in DCS.

Thanks

As I said before, very good mod.

I fly only in 2D, so it is possible that it looks a lot different in VR.

Until, I`m waiting patiently for changes.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Thanks a lot for this mod :thumbup:

Would it be possible to add some pedestrians as infantry unit?

I know they wouldn't be animated but it'd be great for civilian transport mission, i.e. picking them up on building roof tops.

Same with the "ground crew" you've placed on your FARPs, it'd be nice to have them available as single unit/object in the mission editor.

Thanks a lot for this mod :thumbup:

Would it be possible to add some pedestrians as infantry unit?

I know they wouldn't be animated but it'd be great for civilian transport mission, i.e. picking them up on building roof tops.

Same with the "ground crew" you've placed on your FARPs, it'd be nice to have them available as single unit/object in the mission editor.

Hello,

This would be possible to create and I will put it on the list for later updates.

Thanks

Sooo... I see you figured out the parking spot thingy by now? This is pretty awesome mate. Thx a lot!

Now I'm waiting for the civilian people you spoke of. :)

Thing is, I'm currently making a civilian mission. It has random rescue and transport missions. Like Wehwehchen's Navada Freelancer mission. But around Dubai. And much bigger.

Your mod is the perfect thing for it. In one (or maybe two) of the transport missions you have to pick up some wealthy person at the top of a building and bring him/her to another spot. So the civilian people would be perfect. ;)

Do you think a person looking like a sheikh would be possible to add? If it's a huge amount of work, leave it alone. The workload should equal the usage. But if it can be done easily... :D

But don't rush! At the moment I'm really happy about the parking lots...

*...off to the ME* :sorcerer:

Edited by SgtRob

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Sir for your work.... we use these MODs quite a lot on our many servers.

Just a bug report, on the latest version 1.95 the single small and large landing pad both as an fortification object and also as a HeliPort, cause graphic issues in 4K my end in testing. Intermittent 1/4 and 1/2 screen black areas when the pads are in view.... Also black flashing in the object viewer in the ME for the same objects...

The rest are fine with no issues.

SIGBLOCK.png

Did a bit of digging, fairly certain this is caused by the additional lights around the landing pad.

In the previous version Civ-HLS pads work perfect as are the brightness levels... The latest appear very bright...

I fly in VR and 4K

EDIT:

Disabling the Civ Heliport small and large in the database lua and deleting Civ_HLS_01_F.EDM and Civ_HLS_02_F.EDM allowed me to use the small and large pads as before no issues albeit of course you do not have the Heliport option on these pads....

Works for me, thanks...

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

• 2 weeks later...

First of all... Great mod! It's exactly what I was looking for and I expect to use it quite a bit now that I've found it. THANK YOU!

Just a bug report, on the latest version 1.95 the single small and large landing pad both as an fortification object and also as a HeliPort, cause graphic issues in 4K my end in testing. Intermittent 1/4 and 1/2 screen black areas when the pads are in view.... Also black flashing in the object viewer in the ME for the same objects...

The rest are fine with no issues.

Came here to report the same thing. Civ Heliport Single Small/Large and Civ Heliport 01/02 all cause the black screen flickering problem when in view. The effect is more pronounced with the large heliports.

EDIT: You can also see the black flickering the mission editor preview window.

EDIT:

Disabling the Civ Heliport small and large in the database lua and deleting Civ_HLS_01_F.EDM and Civ_HLS_02_F.EDM allowed me to use the small and large pads as before no issues albeit of course you do not have the Heliport option on these pads....

Works for me, thanks...

I haven't tried Gizzy's workaround yet but hope you are able to resolve the issue. This mod is a keeper!

Edited by JLX
Additional info

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Just for info JR the issue is visible in VR and HD as well as 4K on many of our machines.... only when close and looking directly at them though...

The below link in an adaptation I did merging some of the older MODs edm's and textures with the latest and REM'ing out the db entry...

It work fine on all PC and resolutions this end... of course the relevant landing pad is not a spawnable FARP any more but totally usable otherwise...

Might be of assistance...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apw6NUUlblVEg51yR0dWg74N2zH0Wg

SIGBLOCK.png

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in reply I have been away. I can have a look at these issues to see what I can do, but as I do not have 4k it would be difficult for me to trouble-shoot, but I will see what I can do.

Thanks

Awesome. Hope you're able to get it sorted. Fantastic mod.

FWIW, I'm not running in 4K and don't think it's related to resolution.

Good luck!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

• 3 weeks later...

quick question: i'm headed out to your awesome ocean platforms in the early AM, is there a way to turn all of their lights on? they look awfully uninhabited...

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Hi Joe !

Just a question:

As I've asked you after you released the 1.95, about the lights not flashing on stopped police vehicles, I hope I didn't get you offended because you havn't updated since, whereas before you updated your genious mod very often.

A reaction in the style " they become too demanding, I stop"

If it's the case, it was just a suggest and absolutly not an exigency ( How I could be exigent with a free mod, shared with kindness ?)

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Joe !

Just a question:

As I've asked you after you released the 1.95, about the lights not flashing on stopped police vehicles, I hope I didn't get you offended because you havn't updated since, whereas before you updated your genious mod very often.

A reaction in the style " they become too demanding, I stop"

If it's the case, it was just a suggest and absolutly not an exigency ( How I could be exigent with a free mod, shared with kindness ?)

Hello,

You can always ask questions it is no problem.

I am working on a new helicopter for X-Plane and it takes all of my time. When I have more time I will come back to this MOD and fix if I can.

I hope you are well

Hi Joe and thank you for those awesome mods!

Whatever the definition, heavy flickering occurs for these two objects (Civ helipads 1 and 2) in game as well as in the ME model viewer. Tried Gizzy's trick and except removing those pads from the heliports and have them only in the structures, they are still flickering.

Also, trying to put them on top of a building (like I think they are supposed to work too) simply remove the building from the scenery.

Thanks again for this great work.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to use the 180º light apron, to replace the light towers of the VPC Mod that are no longer functioning on DCS 2.5.5 ... but I'm having a performance issue with them:

If I put several of them, say 4 aprons separated 120 meters from one another, to illuminate a flight ramp, I notice a fairly large drop on my fps .. say, from 50-60 down to 30-40

I'm using the latest v1.95 .. has anyone else experienced this also? I want to determine if it is a problem with my DCS settings or is it really something related to the Mod.

Thanks

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB