Export.lua and huge fps drop

Hi there,

I used captzeen export.lua file but I have a huge FPS drop : 20fps, which is strange is that it's at 32 fps without variation when looking in front of me, GPU load 50%, CPU load 20%.

I have helios disabled, no Vsyng or gsync.

I tried without my second screen plugg, same.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks a lot

Not 100% sure, but try this:

socket = require("socket")

host = "localhost"
   port1 = 1625
   port2 = 1626

c = socket.udp()
   c:setsockname("*", 5010)
   c:setoption('broadcast', true)
   c:settimeout(0)

socket.try(c:sendto("Hello!", host, port1))
   socket.try(c:sendto("Hello!", host, port2))

Hello boys - sorry, maybe offtop but its lua question.

How can i send data on 2 ports

so , i need send udp on

locallhost:1625

and localhost:1626

I need help

Edited by sea2sky

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

I have the same problem with export.lua.

Fresh install, only added the latest CaptZeen version and once I start duplicating my MFD screens on the touchscreen (below the main screen), the FPS drop like crazy. Also noted a lot of LUA CPU resources being used when looking up the the stats.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

We have ro find what we have in common

It begins to make me crazy I made 3 fresh window installs, trying display port, hdmi, removing all usb stiff, changing dcs install folder...

I am on a long deployment right now, so I am limited to my laptop at this time but as soon as I arrive back home, I will dig as deep as I can into it.

From the back of my head I can tell you I run a 4k main screen with a 1080p touchscreen underneath it, monitors are arranged vertically in Windows, Helios is the latest build, DCS runs in borderless window mode (as demanded by Helios) and my Export.lua is the latest of CaptZeen's.

The lua mods to the A10C instruments are ancient, maybe this is where the ****up happens, but I'll compare them once I arrive home, but this is the place where I'd start looking first.

Specs of my rig in signature, I run with SLI disabled but enabling it makes no difference in default mode and gives higher FPS but higher FPS fluctuations and also bad graphics errors when running in AFR2.

Since Helios is open sourced now, why has nobody taken it up and started modernizing it? I am not a programmer but I'd love that so much as I am generally a tad happier with Helios than I am with Ikarus even when Ikarus does stuff like automatically switching between profiles when switching aircraft etc.

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

It's crazy : I changed my MB and CPU, fresh windows 10 64bits install, no second screen plugged in, and it's the same.

I also tested DCS in FR and english, tried HDMI instead of DP, 8GB of memory instead of 16GB...

@Capt Zeen is there a way to see what's going wrong when the file export.lua is in scripts folder ? a kind of spy ?

thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

Ok, I tried again with the current stable build and enabled all the bits and pieces step by step. The performance drop is gone, seems to have been patched behind the scenes. Finally Helios again!

• 9 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem.

Fresh install Helios 1.4 (tested with the 1.3 too) : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3302014/

I just add the line "(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua')" in export.lua and I get a huge FPS drop (45~ fps instead of 80~ ) just loading a game, doing nothing more.

This is not the Capt Zeen profil (f18c) et not the Helios app itself (I don't launch the Control Center att all for testing) , but I think is HeliosCore.lua coz I just rename HeliosCore and I left (lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua') without any fps drop (it's sure that Helios does not work without HeliosCore).

Windows 10, 1070ti, 16go DDR4, i5 7600k, SSD.

• 7 months later...

I have since moved to VR, but in my case, the problem persisted even with GFE installed.