[Mission] - Huey Playground v2 released

Reflected

mate can you make this great mission as a mini campaign? it is hard to finish everything at once :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You don't have to, that's the point. You do whatever you want. And you don't have to complete single missions in a pre-defined order either. That's the sort of freedom I wanted to give players with this one. You can complete only one objective. Then go for another one if you like, or you can finish then and there.

• 1 month later...

hey there. i'm excited to try this out, but not entirely sure what to do. for example, the first mission says:

LZ Lolo has turned hot as a pepper dipped into napalm. Fly there and rescue the LRP team taking heavy fire, or bring in reinforcements.

how do you begin this mission? am i supposed to know where LZ Lolo is? when i land do i need to use that special F10 menu do anything like load the troops or drop off refinforcements? do i need to use the F10 menu for other things?

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

hey there. i'm excited to try this out, but not entirely sure what to do. for example, the first mission says:

LZ Lolo has turned hot as a pepper dipped into napalm. Fly there and rescue the LRP team taking heavy fire, or bring in reinforcements.

how do you begin this mission? am i supposed to know where LZ Lolo is? when i land do i need to use that special F10 menu do anything like load the troops or drop off refinforcements? do i need to use the F10 menu for other things?

thanks!

Hi,

Yo ucan find LZ Lolo on the map, or tune your FM radio to its frequency. Switch it to Home mode and follow the beacon. When you get close they will pop smoke.

You can either load troops into the Huey at the base and drop them after you land there - then they will start shooting and fighting too. Or, you land your empty Huey, then select unload/extract troops, and take them out of harm's way. IT's all done with the help of the F10 menu, then F1 - troop transport.

Hi,

Yo ucan find LZ Lolo on the map, or tune your FM radio to its frequency. Switch it to Home mode and follow the beacon. When you get close they will pop smoke.

You can either load troops into the Huey at the base and drop them after you land there - then they will start shooting and fighting too. Or, you land your empty Huey, then select unload/extract troops, and take them out of harm's way. IT's all done with the help of the F10 menu, then F1 - troop transport.

cool thanks for quick reply ill give it a try

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

i tried last version yesterday.

flied to the lolo lz (or lozo? forgot it) set its fm freq. and heard the tone but didin't see any directional info on my gauges.

second problem is, when i landed on that lz, there were no living soldier but lots of enemies.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

cool thanks for quick reply ill give it a try

ok got it working. been picking up and dropping off reinforcements like a boss! now trying to sling load cargo to the FOB, however i'm having issues with this.

first i press F10-F1-F3-F7 to create a "FOB Crate". Then i press F6 to see all of the cargo able to get picked up but I don't see the FOB cate on the list. There's such things as m117_cargo, ammo_cargo, oilank_cargo, etc.

also, where is the mythical Hill 35, does it have a beacon as well?

So i'm kinda stuck. any advice?

Edited by dresoccer4

i tried last version yesterday.

flied to the lolo lz (or lozo? forgot it) set its fm freq. and heard the tone but didin't see any directional info on my gauges.

second problem is, when i landed on that lz, there were no living soldier but lots of enemies.

i had this issue. did you turn the Mode Switch to "Home"?

i turned these switches to every possible directions :))

but no joy

Youtube

I tested it and it should work.

1) tune your FM radio to 40.50 (LZ LOLO) - you will hear the morse code "LZ LOLO"

2) turn the knob to "home" instead of T/R

3) check your instrument below the compass. The idea is to have the vertical line run through the center. If it's to the right, you need to turn right and vice versa.

I also updated the mission with a smaller amount of opposing forces to make sure the grunts are not killed before you land, but you do need to get in there quickly.

i turned it to home and heard the morse tone , this is ok. but vertical and horizontal lines stood still. no movement.

i landed that point by doing my best without fm homing and don't think i am too late

Youtube

i turned it to home and heard the morse tone , this is ok. but vertical and horizontal lines stood still. no movement.

i landed that point by doing my best without fm homing and don't think i am too late

Try to re-download the mission. IF you hear the morse code, and your FM radio is set to "home" the needles should work. IT's not mission-dependent.

Fantastic missions!!!

Thank you so much, i've just been trying all the different options!

To load the FOB Crate, just spawn them, and then select the load option (I don't think they show as slingload cargo). Or I think you can hover above them for 10 seconds, and that loads them.

Fantastic missions!!!

Thank you so much, i've just been trying all the different options!

To load the FOB Crate, just spawn them, and then select the load option (I don't think they show as slingload cargo). Or I think you can hover above them for 10 seconds, and that loads them.

so i'm able to spawn the "FOB Crate - Small", but then where is the "load option" you mentioned to get it in the chopper?

• 11 months later...