[REQUEST] Mi-8 Multi-crew

Boy there are some negative vibes here. Neilwillis just because you don't want to be in the middle seat is pretty irrelevant. Some people do it is a diverse community we have and the people who take helicopters seriously would enjoy fulfilling a different role in a mp environment. It would be a good seat for IP's giving lessons etc and it is an important seat for using the sas channels radios start up etc

+1

IMHO all places are suitable for Multicrew-ing. Some would really want to play even as engineer. A full loaded Mi-8 with people and drinks would be loads of fun.

Once I flew with the wheels dipped in the water for long time and boy I would have loved to have an engineer to scream that I burn his engines... I couldn't raise from the water anymore and after struggling for half a minute the engines failed and we drowned.

And by the way.... I also would love to be able to jump off the helicopter with some life raft or even chutes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There are no boring jobs, when you have someone interesting to talk with

long boring flights are only improved with banter.

and the more mark 1 eyeballs you have, the more enemies/missiles you detect...

and four drunk people flying one of these, does sound decidedly Russian :)

what else do you do when ferrying in the radar coolant for the mig21's? :)

"in-flight cocktails for everyone!"

i think i would make this mission just for the you tube video...

with screen prompts for when everyone must drink :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Hate to play the devil’s advocate but the module has just got released. As such probably we shouldn't expect more than bug fixing and not much, if any of new features being added. At some point of time the devs really have to call it a day and move on with new projects. Otherwise they'll just stuck in constant development and maintenance cycle.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

You should check page 242 of the new manual :

check crew intercommunication over the SPU-7 ICS (in case multicrew game)

Or maybe the manual needs to be fixed ;) This small action would require not only the other person being able to join the same cockpit but also a proper radio communication via intercom.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hate to play the devil’s advocate but the module has just got released. As such probably we shouldn't expect more than bug fixing and not much, if any of new features being added. At some point of time the devs really have to call it a day and move on with new projects. Otherwise they'll just stuck in constant development and maintenance cycle.

It's a pretty defining feature that may warrant dev time. They have the incoming Mi24, working on multicrew is not time lost for them, quite the contrary

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

It's a pretty defining feature that may warrant dev time. They have the incoming Mi24, working on multicrew is not time lost for them, quite the contrary

I think though, it's ED's dev time first before BST, as multi-crew is part of the core sim.

ED have made great progress with the L-39, but do remember that's barely over a year old and needs further refinement and we've only seen it working on two seaters (Mi-8 is 3, 4 or 5 depending on view point). ED are also currently focused on 2.5 matters.

Or maybe the manual needs to be fixed ;) This small action would require not only the other person being able to join the same cockpit but also a proper radio communication via intercom.

Well, the Gazelle module allows you to do exactly this. And UniversRadio software is implementing multicrew through intercom too.

I sure would appreciate it if Belsimtek could confirm whether multi-crew is coming or not. It was described as a feature of the module on the product page, but now that it's released and out of early access, where does that leave us? I don't mind further delays, I'd just like to know whether BST intends to add multi-crew or not. I'm trying to decide between the Mi-8 or the Gazelle for my next purchase and multi-crew will be a factor.

My understanding is that the BST team is not very active on the English forum, so hopefully a mod or someone in a position to get in touch with them will let them know: a number of their customers or would-be customers are waiting to hear from them on this! Thanks/Спасибо!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the Gazelle module allows you to do exactly this. And UniversRadio software is implementing multicrew through intercom too.

We have never been able to run Universradio reliably for the past year, so we switched to Simple Radio Standalone, it just works.

And I see more and more of the servers implementing the system too.

Wierd that the Gazelle is having multi crew and the BST choppers do not. At least the Huey could be a prime candidate for trial runs, you can't fly and use the flex sight system..

Door gunners is an entirely different kettle of fish. I don't use them as much as I would like to. Takes weight and I sling load more than do gun runs in the Huey and Mi8.

I know people want to be a gunner in the Huey but it is a feature that needs lower priority to at least having 2 seats in the Huey and Mi8.. In my humble opinion.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.