Auto Range

dresoccer4

Hey guys, quick question. i just got this module and practicing holding the electrical cage and release move. so i'm behind a mig, i hold electrical cage, i get a red light, then i release the electrical cage button.

however i don't notice any change to the sight, so i'm kind of confused. is the range marker supposed to automatically move on its own to the correct range? i can manually change the range, but i don't see the radar actually doing anything. is there some indication it has found the range and adjusted automatically?

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Hey guys, quick question. i just got this module and practicing holding the electrical cage and release move. so i'm behind a mig, i hold electrical cage, i get a red light, then i release the electrical cage button.

however i don't notice any change to the sight, so i'm kind of confused. is the range marker supposed to automatically move on its own to the correct range? i can manually change the range, but i don't see the radar actually doing anything. is there some indication it has found the range and adjusted automatically?

thanks!

Quick question, did you release the mechanical cage first?

Second, did you notice if the RADAR Inverter light was on?

Third, was the generator putting out sufficient voltage?

Quick question, did you release the mechanical cage first?

Second, did you notice if the RADAR Inverter light was on?

Third, was the generator putting out sufficient voltage?

thanks for your response. yes to all of your questions. however when i loaded another mission, it seemed to work. the range automatically moved when i was behind my target (over 6k altitude as well).

so not sure if i was doing something wrong or there was some sort of glitch, but seems to be working now!

cheers

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I seem to recall You need to crank the range handle on the throttle to min or max (don't remember which at the moment) before the attack, otherwise the radar ranging won't engage. Maybe You didn't during Your first attempt?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I seem to recall You need to crank the range handle on the throttle to min or max (don't remember which at the moment) before the attack, otherwise the radar ranging won't engage. Maybe You didn't during Your first attempt?

interesting, ill experiment with that.