FR-86 Sim/game

BravoFoxTrt

I cant get my F-86 play in Sim, whats the secret?? Am I doing something wrong?:cry:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Some more infos what exactly prevents you from using it would be helpful :)

I assume you have bought it?

Is it registered in your account? check here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/ (use the license check in your profile settings after logging in)

Does it show up as your module in the module manager?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes the F-86 shows up in DCS Modules and in game as well. When I go to In Game Options, I select Sim, but it stays in "Game" no matter how many times I select Sim.

Thanks for helping.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Yes the F-86 shows up in DCS Modules and in game as well. When I go to In Game Options, I select Sim, but it stays in "Game" no matter how many times I select Sim.

Thanks for helping.

Not sure what option that is. I need to check when I'm home.

But apart from that, what exactly prevents you from using the F-86?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think I may follow what you are saying. Are you referring to the controls section of the options? Under misc I don't see an option to change the F-86 from Game to Sim, the only place I see reference to that is under the controls section. Can you run the Sabre in the actual game world? If yes, then try pressing "H" and see if it moves a switch on the main panel which reads the hydraulic pressure. If this switch reacts to you pressing "H" then I would say the plane is in Sim mode. I'm not sure how to actually put the Sabre into Game mode, I don't see an option there... If "H" doesn't do anything then it sounds like you are in Game mode. If it does something, I think you are in Sim mode since that key is not bound in Game mode.

The only other reference I see for Game mode versus simulation mode is under gameplay options but I think that affects every airplane, not just the Sabre.

Edited by justinm11

I just realized that I didn't understand the problem correctly. :doh:

I thought you're F-86 isn't working and thought there is some kind of problem with the license or the installation...

Well, now that I understand the problem, I have to say that I don't really know how game modes in DCS and especially for the F-86 work. I have to check that later when I'm home, but it's kinda odd that you are stuck in game mode. Maybe that is not the case and it's just a misunderstanding. For the moment I can only recommend to try what justinm11 said to determine if you're really in game mode ot not.

Tornado3 small.jpg

There's two separate 'game options' in the Gameplay section; are neither of them staying off?

Also, are you using any particular missions? The mission files themselves can enable game mode, so if you're only trying certain missions it could be that simple.

You could try deleting your options.lua settings file so the game generates a new one - maybe it's gotten corrupted or something. You can find it under your user profile directory in Saved Games\DCS\Config.

Also - what version of DCS are you using?

Thank you very much nomdeplume, I deleted Options.lua and that solved my issue.:thumbup: