"SPECIAL" Options for Mi-8 ...

Control helper is the overlay on mission start which can be toggled with right Cntl + Enter

The autopilot adjustment gives a virtual co-pilot options to tune autpilot controls you turn him on via keyboard shortcut( IIRC right control + A I may be wrong though. I often am):)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the function "Autopilot Adjustment" is enabled, the AI Autopilot autopilot automatically adjusts continuously.

But you can use tincture of the autopilot manually by pressing the corresponding button, and the "Autopilot Adjustment" function menu should be disabled

Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 /i9-12900KF /64 Gb- G.SKILL Trident  DDR4 4000 МГц / Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock 8GB /Corsair HX1200 1200W 

DCS A-10C Обучающий урок "Концепция HOTAS" (RU)

DCS P-51D Руководство пилота

Обучающие миссии для Ми-8 (Радиооборудование)

Control helper is the overlay on mission start which can be toggled with right Cntl + Enter

FYI, there's a mod floating out there to disable the autopilot display (upper right) that I really like. That way ctrl-enter only shows the control inputs for me. Basically you just have to comment out half of a single .lua file, but I can't remember which one offhand.

The autopilot adjustment option in SPECIAL panel gives "Flight Engineer" (not copilot) the third crew member full time and if you use the command from keyboard/joystick commands with the one in SPECIAL disabled you command the Flight Engineer to tune the autopilot for the flight regime ant trim you are using at that time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 months later...
yes. he's constantly trying to kill you by touching the controls.
Ahahahah! You made my day! :D :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Well. I suppose the Mi-8 cockpit is rather cramped as it is and the Flight Engineer is not having any fun at all, having the worst seat of the lot...

(and nothing much to do except to fiddle with the autopilot, for the good or the bad...)

But even without the AI interfering, the Mi-8 is very stable. I like it a lot.

Edited by 1.JaVA_Platypus

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...
Dying for shared cockpits. I think the Mi-8 will really excel here.

Oh yesssss, multicrew on Mi-8 is gonna blow the multiplayer )

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD