30 troops

The Mi-8MTV2 can carry 30 troops according to Wikipedia. 30.

We need mission and script makers to take note of this. Dropping five seems like a waste of time for this amazing aircraft!

I have the same complain, but I did not mention before because Mi-8 is in Beta stage. Seem the Script is a quick answer for this need, but I imagine ED should be working on this as an option for the communication menu in the original software. Mi-8 is not the only aircraft can carry troops, even the Il-76 or Hercules can do it. I think is something to add with the new graphic engine because the improvements in performance.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

actually troop pick-up and drop functionality has already been implemented within the mission editor (no scripts needed, just set up waypoint actions and use radio menu). However, a few updates ago this feature was removed and has not been reintroduced since. I image ED will put that back in place once edge is out though

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Have you guys seen my CTLD script? You can use an il-76 or c-130 as well as helicopters for troop pickup and deployment.

The number of troops is also easily changed and AI can also automatically load and unload troops

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

There is an example mission and documentation if you follow the github link on the first post :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I've always wondered about that number. I mean sure, you can pack 30 people in the back as long as they aren't carrying anything with them and they are all relatively small...but what are you going to do with them? Unless they are all skinny and naked you won't be able to carry more than an hour's worth of fuel. Last night we packed on 23 people with 1200 liters of fuel and we hit 101.5% on the Ngg (2.5 minute emergency power) just taking off. I will grant that our aircraft are heavier than a typical Mi-8, but still, unless your target is really close, you aren't going to be taking 30 people very far at all.

I've always wondered about that number.

Great point.

This is the kind of thing I would like to see answered in the sim itself. Units and equipment need space and weight assigned to them so things like this can be calculated in-game. When aircraft get hit, passengers should also be damaged.

I've always wondered about that number. I mean sure, you can pack 30 people in the back as long as they aren't carrying anything with them and they are all relatively small...but what are you going to do with them? Unless they are all skinny and naked you won't be able to carry more than an hour's worth of fuel. Last night we packed on 23 people with 1200 liters of fuel and we hit 101.5% on the Ngg (2.5 minute emergency power) just taking off. I will grant that our aircraft are heavier than a typical Mi-8, but still, unless your target is really close, you aren't going to be taking 30 people very far at all.

Last night at summer...

In Chechenia a pilot made a rescue task with more than 30 people. the weather, temperatures and maybe they took less than 1000 liters fuel to do such mission.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

actually troop pick-up and drop functionality has already been implemented within the mission editor (no scripts needed, just set up waypoint actions and use radio menu). However, a few updates ago this feature was removed and has not been reintroduced since. I image ED will put that back in place once edge is out though

This is what I thought. I really don't fly the Mi8 all that much because of this.

I was very disappointed when they pulled it from both the Huey and Mi8.

• 4 weeks later...

IIRC from the Wings of Russia documentary about the Mi-8 one pilot said he took on more than 40 people during one emergency evacuation from a hot zone. He landed in a walled-in courtyard among high buildings and then had to take off over one of those buildings.

Besides, it's WIKIPEDIA, not the most reliable source. Lol, y lecturer threatened us with tearing our heads off if we even thought about using it for Uni work. :D

EDIT: found it!

https://youtu.be/sRL6hcrBSLc?t=21m8s

At 21 minutes 8 seconds starts the part about weight - over 13 tons.

Edited by tovivan

No probs!

There's actually a long line of documentaries made by this excellent studio, about everything possible Russian and Soviet that flew. Just type in youtube "Wings of Russia" and you'll get hits. One of their docu series has 18 parts. Do NOT mistake it for "Wings of the Red Star", that's a crappy western docu that focuses more on demonizing USSR/Russia than talking about technology. :P And even in that regard they're lacking because their knowledge about Soviet equipment is not as good as it could be.

Apart from the Wings of Russia signature series that has everything from fighters, bombers, ground-effect vehicles, flying boats, etc. they also have more indepth docus about specific vehicles. For example MiG-25&31 "Best in class", Su-27 "The best fighter in the world" (over 2 hours in all), MiG-29 "Take-off into the future", Tu-160 "White swan", Mi-24 "The warrior"...

In quality of the docus they stand shoulder-to-shoulder with teh best docu studios/producers West can put forward.

So highly recommended watch. :thumbup: