Spitfire!

flare2000x

Spit looks supreme

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

It's a bit late to try and win that conflict though I am afraid :)

Throughout the years of spending lots of time (and money) flying the various iterations of IL2 online (and Warbirds before that), my wife enjoys reminding me that I've fought in the virtual skies of WWII for several times longer than the real war lasted. :smilewink:

So it's never too late to try and win that conflict! It only just stays won until the map rotates. :thumbup:

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

They are putting a Spitfire V in the game so the Lufties can get to say "Actung, Actung abschuss Spitfire".:devil:

Really? I don't think they are . . . Just the Mk. IX for now, but VEAO is mking a XIV.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

In other words, there will be no separate installation that runs outside of DCS World. That would defeat the primary goal of DCS World.

I think this would suggest that any new aircraft will be completely compatible.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Throughout the years of spending lots of time (and money) flying the various iterations of IL2 online (and Warbirds before that), my wife enjoys reminding me that I've fought in the virtual skies of WWII for several times longer than the real war lasted. :smilewink:

So it's never too late to try and win that conflict! It only just stays won until the map rotates. :thumbup:

There is definitely an irony in that. I must agree, I have been flying WW2 stuff eons too.

And yep, never too late, but as an added bonus, we always have history to fall back on if the pesky Luftwaffe gets the upper hand occasionally ;)

I've been playing WWII flight sims since Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain and Aces of the Pacific. The digital battles between the Allies and Axis will always probably be alive.:thumbup:

Hi Flare. Do you Know if The VEAO Spit can be used in the DCS WW2 World ?

~S~

Definitely!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5