Waiting for first discount on DCS: Mi-8MTV2

Hmm

I bought the MI-8 right after release for 49.99$ actually taking some risc doing so cause it is beta. At that point not alot of feedback from other fellow early buyers, but I did so to support ED/Belsim.

So now seeing it being sold for 30$ less than just for a few weeks ago kind of pi$$es me of, making me feel like a retard.

I find it fully ok for the older non beta titles, but not for an early beta.

This has just learned me not to buy early betas inorder to support the developers.

Sorry for being negative.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got no email.:unsure:

But I agree, those sales are just so ... so WoW! I mean, every single mod is not worth it. That reduced price, I mean.

They should get rid of those flea market prices and add 20% on top of the regular price instead! That would represent their value better, imo.

• Like 1

It sounds like a bad joke. Two weeks after relase the Mi-8 we have a 60% discount ? Not 10 or 15 but 60%!!! That's sick ED and BST. :mad:

As I said, no one twisted anyone's arm to buy anything. If someone is too impatient to wait for the inevitable sale then there shouldn't be any complaining.

I waited and I'll feel much better paying $40.00 for 2 modules instead of $100.00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I entirely agree, apart from the Huey i have purchased all modules at full price upon release.. and have never regretted it or been annoyed at a sale. But clearly not all feel the same, and it is understandable.

I too paid full price for everything except Combined Arms. Since it has not been a priority to buy FC3 or Mi-8, I could wait for a sale.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

So here I get a email of nearly every mod is now on sale!

I have paid full price for every mod!! Okay I can say I support the ED but damn I feel like I just got raped..

I guess from this point forward I will refuse to support at full price for any other future mods.......

Not going to get burned again...:mad:

That's fine mate... just wait till module (not mod) is on sale... and watch others enjoy it while you wait ;)

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

I bought the Mi-8 at full price knowing that it would go on sale at some stage and probably before I had the time to play it. I did this to support what are fantastic products and to support BST making more of these fantastic products. If you cant afford it, don't buy it but, if you can afford it and are just whinging because others are getting it cheaper then just be happy that you are helping create such quality products and nice guys.

• Like 1

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I have really the feeling that this kind of sale is the worst to do for you.... As a Customer, I thought that you will not reproduce the same error that you did with the Huey... but no...

YOU SHOOT YOURSELF ... and NOBODY now will pay the normal price for next modules ... Be sure !!

IT'S WILL NOT BE A QUESTION OF QUALITY BUT A RESPECT FOR YOUR CUSTOMER.

2 weeks after ... Really !!! If it's not pissing on your Customer, what is it ?

As a Customer: I think we deserve all a clear answer on your commercial strategy

Edited by Save

That's fine mate... just wait till module (not mod) is on sale... and watch others enjoy it while you wait ;)

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

by an other way... ONLY 2 weeks to wait is not death...

No its not... but you never know how long you will have to wait till first sale comes along :smartass: Don't think it'll always be 2 weeks :smilewink:

Bottom line is, if you think its expensive and you can't afford it.... then yes, by all means wait till a sale comes along. But if you really want it and like it, and can afford it, don't feel bad if you buy at full price... but granted it does feel bit bad buying something full price and not long after it gets much cheaper... but in life many things are like that and you never know what future will bring.

No longer active in DCS...

I bought the Mi-8 at full price knowing that it would go on sale at some stage and probably before I had the time to play it. I did this to support what are fantastic products and to support BST making more of these fantastic products. If you cant afford it, don't buy it but, if you can afford it and are just whinging because others are getting it cheaper then just be happy that you are helping create such quality products and nice guys.

THIS :happy:

Please stop wining like I did when I bought the huey full price and then it was on sale.

Just learn your lesson and act appropriate.

I think i ll not bite, even with the huge discount.

Why? Because my instinct says that this smells bad.

First of all because there is no ''date of completion'' confirmed or even speculated and 2nd there is no response to BST forum about bug being fixed or anything else , only response was the advertisement of Mi8.

PS: Mi8 was already done for a commercial company, together with an ''edge'' terrain.

Bad smell and taste for me altogether.

With all respect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Mi-8 was 49,99 just 14 days ago. So, loss of two bucks per day...

Sure, it is nice that we get more players, but a 60% sale in two weeks is a bit much. I didn't lose anything, but it wouldn't feel nice to go on a bar binge and then hear that the price of beer dropped 60% :P

This is kind of irritating. If the message they want to pass to me as a customer is "Don't buy any of our products at full price ever again, they will be on sale before official release anyways." im completely happy with that. Don't get me wrong, I generaly don't care about 30$, I just think its rather strange marketing, since there seems to be almost no reason to pay the full price.

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Seriously gentleman, pull your act together and stop wining like little kids in a candy museum.

Its a well known fact that Eagle Dynamics has several significant sales in any given year.

And don't worry, it will be available for the regular price again after the sale.

And on sale again after that

And regular price after that again.

And so on and so fort, nothing new here.

Well, guess its time to enjoy the show again;

:drink: popcorn.gif

To be honest, this post is pretty condescending. I'm pretty sure the problem is not that the MI-8 is on sale. The problem is that it's on a 60% sale mere two weeks after its beta release.

Edited by lighthaze

I'm contemplating to buy the Hip, even though I didn't want to buy any other heli module with the fly/see-through trees.

I'm weak and so I guess Belsimtek will get more money from me. :)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

So here I get a email of nearly every mod is now on sale!

I have paid full price for every mod!! Okay I can say I support the ED but damn I feel like I just got raped..

I guess from this point forward I will refuse to support at full price for any other future mods.......

Not going to get burned again...:mad:

Totally with you.. same same. Quite unprofessional if you ask me. .