DCS: MI-8MTV2, What do You Think?

H-var

DCS: MI-8MTV2, What do You Think?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. DCS: MI-8MTV2, What do You Think?

• I like it very much. It has definitely reached my expectations (what were your expectations?)
    • I am disappointed (why?)

Finally, new helicopter is out, it's a third one and the biggest so far.

So what do you think? Physics, controls, ergonomics, appearance, GPU performance? Do you like it?

2. The DCS MOVIE information!

4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

government: gives me money because of coronavirus

me: spends all money on the missing DCS modules

government: ... you dumbo! We won't give you money anymore

me: It's ok. I don't need anything else - I now have the entire DCS collection

my cat: looking at the empty bowl for a while and goes back to sleep

me: it's hard times, Mig, suck it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the poll needs a wider range of options :)

I put I like it because it is a beta, and I am enjoying very much considering it's still in beta stage. The framerate needs some work, and I want to see the features that are still forthcoming, but I am VERY happy to have yet another DCS level chopper, and one of my all time favorites at that!

I like it, but Im finding it hard to get very exited about it, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the module, just that I dont find the Hip all that interesting... Still it is a great product, and I am certainly going to explore it some more.

My vote: I like it very much. It has definitely reached my expectations (what were your expectations?)

So, I really love this helicopter and this module !!!

When I read for the first time that BST worked on this new module I was afraid because this helicopter is not the "Eurocopter Tigre" or the "AH-64 Apache" and I was certain that it's a real defeat !!!

But after have seen the beta video, after have seen the few screenshots I said to myself why not ?

However I was under the charm of the Huey UH-1H and when the Mi-8 was available to bought I've quickly bought this new module in "Open Beta", but one thing that I'm sure: Two modules in "Open Beta" why not but not one third module in "Open Beta" because I'm sure that BST can't work on three modules "Open Beta"...

So wait & see and I hope that BST read our messages and understand that we have bought two modules for almost $100.00 (Huey + Mi-8 ) and BST must give us one positive result, his only job is fix any bugs of these two modules, it's not impossible because if they want, they can fix and upgrader these two modules.

BST must working hard but it's possible, we have bought these two modules and BST must give us one result, it's the law of business.

I think also that BST's team must give us when it's possible any news about the evolution of they working we are customers and it's normal to have some information about these products that we have bought...

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English...

Skulleader.

Edited by Skulleader

So what do you think? Physics, controls, ergonomics, appearance, GPU performance? Do you like it?

I like it ! Nice level of details, i was charmed by the Huey, i'm charmed again by the MI-8.

There are several bugs but i'm sur BST will do what needed.

I dont understand all the armarment using, i have little problems with the pilot sight so i hope a user's manual soon, but in a general view this modul is awsome !

Thanks to BELSIMTEK Team ! :thumbup:

The module is very well made. Even in beta there is very little to complain about.

I see some are taking the opportunity to push for an AH-64. I'd buy that but to be honest I'm not sure I'd really enjoy it as much as the Mi-8. I like the Mi-8 for the same reason as I like Su-25 (and much prefer it over the A-10C). I don't have a bias towards Russian aircraft but I just like the way these two work. They're simple but really tough war machines.

I also don't mind a transport as long as it's a pure joy to fly which this is. It behaves just like you would expect (although with only youtube videos as a reference and the odd film). It feels like the stability is just right under those massive hanging rotor blades when they're spinning. Long flights are definitely more comfortable compared to the UH-1H.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Hip and the Huey are both good choices from a marketing standpoint and I'm enjoying them both immensely. I look forward to upcoming additions to both aircraft.

IMHO I believe the future of both products will rely on the DCS engine allowing for drop off and pick up missions to be added easily. Without real use of the helicopters (other than a gunship role) I think interest will drop.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

I'll like this helicopter allot.

Nice details and great sounds.

Sad that my FPS dropt to about 15 to 20 :'(

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

One year ago if someone would have told me that I will like this heli so much I would have laughed in his face. I considered it just Ugly. Now is beautiful ugly and a treat to fly. :thumbup::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 month later...

A great FM!

From the get go the sense of weight was perfect.

A real big mama of a chopper that needs lots of care when landing heavy loads.

Great weapons but the rocket damage needs to be improved by ED.

English manual please!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Well done Belsimtek, i love both choppers, cant wait for your future FM's. Just one thing - i would like to see the Huey done and complete as stated.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I would pay for different models of the same helicopter, full price for the first release as this is where most of the work is done and then less for each model released.

The Hind A would be great before the C or OH-6 then Defender.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

One year ago if someone would have told me that I will like this heli so much I would have laughed in his face. I considered it just Ugly. Now is beautiful ugly and a treat to fly.

Hello, in fact I think exactly as you Zealu.

For me it's more stange because I never seen in the real life one Mil Mi-8, I've seen many helicopters (USA, France, Germany, etc) but never this Russian copter.

The first time when I knew that BST publish this Mi-8 I said to myself why ???

After BST and ED have published few screenshots and one video and at this moment I've begin to take an interest at this copter, the day when the Mi-8 was release I bought quickly this new helicopter and since this day I'm under the charm...

Since that I have this Mi-8 I do not fly with my other modules (A-10C, KA-50, P-51D) I fly sometime with the Huey but for me the Mi-8 is the MUST to have for one fan of helicopter !!!!

Before to use the DCS world I was with FSX and I spent many years to fly with the Dodosim Bell 206, now I can say that I can't return with FSX because after have fly with the two helicopter of Belsimtek I'm falling love, it's normal because since I was a little kid I'm a great fan of helicopter, for me these machines are incredible and wonderful.

And all the days I take a pleasure to launch my DCS because I have these helicopters, so a great great thanks to BST and ED for this Mil Mi-8 because it's a real master piece, in Open Beta but a real prefection !!!!

I would like also thanks three ARTISTS who created some real wonders for our Mi-8, Devrim for these incredible versions of the Black and Blue cockpit, Upuaut and Minstay for your awesome repaints, without you our Mi-8 would poor...

Congratulation for this awesome and incredible gift. Skull

Edited by Skulleader

I would pay for different models of the same helicopter, full price for the first release as this is where most of the work is done and then less for each model released.

The Hind A would be great before the C or OH-6 then Defender.

ya, something like DLCs for single modules. Would be nice. And i think it's a win-win for both devs and users. Having the main model finished, it's not a great deal for them to make some change to systems, weapons, engines and so on. The Ka-50 with thermal imaging for example, would require only some minor changes to both cockpit and 3d model, and could allow players to fight effectively at night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Voted yes, i like it very much!

I own now the 3 DCS helicopters, learning lately the BS2, but have to say the MI8 is so far my favourit :)

At first, i was afraid of all those buttons and switches everywhere, thinking i'll never know how to start it and fly it...

Now after few days of learning (and because of awesome Bimsiltec tutos) i can start it from cold, fly it quite nicely, and use all weapons :thumbup:

To me, the BS2 is far more easy to fly, but all the electronic stuff way more complex for my little brain! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i didn't voted anything since its still in beta

but i really like it and its a very detailed module so far

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• ED Team
It's no Apache but I love it :D

+1 Still looking for an AH-64A. But this rotorhead is still pleased with the Mi-8, can't wait to see what else is implemented in the final version. :thumbup:

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head