Virtual Aerobatics Website Launched

VH-Rock

It is with great pride that I can announce the launch of our new website, http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com. Virtual-Aerobatics.Com provides a place for pilots of any skill level to chat / fly with one another and share our great hobby of online formation & solo aerobatics. Not only do we provide an area for pilots to meet one another and share team media / news, we also host a 32 Slot dedicated DCS World server (kept current to the latest version) and a dedicated teamspeak server to aid pilots in their flying.

Over the last 4 weeks, several elements have had to come together to make this possible. An initial idea from members of the Virtual Horsemen and the Virtual Blue Angels came to fruition as Pman & Max offered to provide the dedicated server and Double_D, of the Virtual Tuskegee Airmen, agreed to provide the use of his Teamspeak server. Even before the site was launched, there was a great feel of members of the community working together for the benefit of others.

Our dedicated server operates on a 200mb DL / 25mb UL line and has been operational for the last 3 weeks with several members of different teams and members of the public frequenting it. A large variety of formations have been possible and a lot of interest has been generated in the virtual aerobatics community.

We hope to see you on our forums and look forward to flying with you all on our server.

Rock,

VAS Staff.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats guys! It's been fun so far during my short time on there. I've learned a lot!

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• 4 weeks later...

Wow..... o_O that plane "out of control" in that Vimeo trailer... :D ;)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

But that scene with the chinook, really possible without loosing control? o_O

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Do you guys later intend to add a phantom plane to fly on?

Thank you for all the messages.

And KillarZ - there is currently no intention to add a phantom as our server is intended to get people flying together, not machines. There is pretty much always a formation going in the server.

Is it OK to just jump on TS and join the server and fly around and watch what others are doing instead of taking part right away little bit scary for a new pilot are you's ok with helicopters on the server or just planes. buddy

Hiya,

Your more then welcome to just pop in, we have Ka50's on the map as well as all the other aircraft so come by, pop in TS and see what you feel like.

There are many people of varying skill levels on the server from right out beginners to people who have been doing formation work for years

All the best

Pete

• Like 1

Thank you for all the messages.

And KillarZ - there is currently no intention to add a phantom as our server is intended to get people flying together, not machines. There is pretty much always a formation going in the server.

Oh I see what your saying but a phantom would be for the people who want to practice formation on their own so they dont have to bother anyone or embarass themselves. Its just a great tool.

But anyway i respect your server and thankyou for having it up. The virtual aerobatic community is small and unfortunately right now I dont have the time to be a part of it. Hopefully later one day I'll be able to fly and be a part of the community.

Oh I see what your saying but a phantom would be for the people who want to practice formation on their own so they dont have to bother anyone or embarass themselves. Its just a great tool.

But anyway i respect your server and thankyou for having it up. The virtual aerobatic community is small and unfortunately right now I dont have the time to be a part of it. Hopefully later one day I'll be able to fly and be a part of the community.

When the RAF or USAF start teaching formation with a drone as the leader, we might look into it :megalol:

• 3 weeks later...

Started using there server best so far for free fight with other traffic or learning Aerobatics last night I forgot the time and ended up spending 3 hours just flying around and watching what people were doing feels like you're on a real airfield having to watch for traffic as you taxi or land. :book:

Everyone is friendly and if you don't want to join TS and just do you're own thing no one will bother you. :D

Number one free flight server in my book always got at least 6 players on it. :thumbup:

Edited by TimeKilla
Spelling!

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Yes, it's sometimes crowded around Sochi, and this is part of the fun :thumbup:

Many thanks to Rock and pman, love this server!

Started using there server best so far for free fight with other traffic or learning Aerobatics last night I forgot the time and ended up spending 3 hours just flying around and watching what people were doing feels like you're on a real airfield having to watch for traffic as you taxi or land. :book:

Everyone is friendly and if you don't want to join TS and just do you're own thing no one will bother you. :D

Number one free flight server in my book always got at least 6 players on it. :thumbup:

Many thanks for the positive feedback guys, we love running to server and we're really glad that people seem to be enjoying it :)

Yes, it's sometimes crowded around Sochi, and this is part of the fun :thumbup:

Many thanks to Rock and pman, love this server!

Thanks Guys, As Rock said we do it out of a love of the sim and the community that comes together for this

Look forward to seeing you in the server soon!

Pman

Hey Guys,

The server has now been updated and despite a small problem its now up and running again :)

Was great to see 22 people online last night enjoying some of the new features of 1.2.4!

We have added more Hueys and Mustangs as people seem to love these aircraft :)

Its a bank holiday in the UK this weekend Ladies and Gents, Wonder how many people we can get together?

Lets Fly :pilotfly:

Pman

i'd love to join the server this weekend, but i have to work a lot :(

hopefully i can get 1-2 hours of spare time...

btw, 1 hour ago there were 15 pilots on the server, 6 in hueys, 4 in mustangs, 5 in mixed aircrafts.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Hi Guys,

Glad that you are enjoying the server! I hear there are currently 19 on the server as I type :)

Its a sunny day over Sochi and the sound of Hueys and Sukhois is deafening!

Gudata is subject to Mustangs beating up the strip and everyone is having a good time :)

We are working on a competition to give away some T shirts and a few other bits and bobs (VA branded of course!) So keep an eye on our face book page and forums for details!

Pman