Help with Helios & Win10

Hi

I'm a long time Helios user, but I've recently switch to Windows 10 - and did a clean install, and I've finally gotten around to installing Helios, but I'm having a weird problem.

So either my own profiles, or those available for download are displaying correctly and work correct when used with the mouse.

The touchscreen (the screen they are displayed upon before you say anything :P) is working ok, and calibrated and detecting touch events. When Helios is not running I can move the cursor, highlight by dragging etc... So the touchscreen is working ok.

However my touches are never detected by Helios despite touching the same control that is working with the mouse click. I've turned on the visual touch marker in Windows, so I can verify it's sensing a touch where I'm actually touching, but, for example, if I have Loz's 2.1 A10 profile loaded, I can't touch any of the MFD buttons or any other control with my finger. But they work perfectly with my mouse.

Can anyone please tell me what dumb step I've missed out or what I've done wrong?

Thanks

Hi Capt_Zeen

I'm running it in admin mode - recognises mouse clicks, but doesn't detect finger touches.

I haven't even tried hooking it up to DCS yet - it's just the switches on screen are not recognising my touches.

However I can use the Helios control panel with my fingers - so the touch screen is working fine.

I'm sure I'm missing something so stupidly obvious.... grrrr...

PS Thanks for the effort, time and quality of your profiles - in case I haven't said or thanked you before.

Edited by Elphaba

Sounds like the problem with how windows numbered your monitors and the fact that they dont match what is in the Helios .hpf profile. I'm pretty sure captain zeen is aware of how to fix this as i'm pretty sure I read the fix from him. Its a matter of opening up your .hpf profile in Notepad++ and changing all entries that say for example: monitor 2 to say monitor 1. there is a replace all function within notepad++ that will do this for you. First you need to see how Helios numbers your monitors in the helios profile editor and compare it to how windows numbered your monitors.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it well but possibly Capt Zeen could be of more help with this issue. I've had to do it with several of my helios files.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Monitors are numbered correctly and in correct orientation / layout.

I've already tried 'Reset Monitors'.

When i create a new profile and place one button the Monitor 2, it appears on the touchscreen monitor not on the main monitor, but I still can't get my touched to be recognised by helios, they are recognised by windows, but not by helios.

Elphaba...I believe I went through this headache last year when I set mine up. Spent hours on tech support with microsoft before I finally stumbled apon the fix.

Make sure in the windows option that the magnification of the desktop Icons is set to 100% and not something like 150% etc.

I found my touchscreen sensed my touches and input but never seemed to hit the right spot on helios. I really hope this helps

Jason

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Hi Jason

That *almost* fixed it! Yes, my scaling was at 150% because my iMac's display makes windows text soooo small.

However the weirdness that is happening now, is that the touch screen is recognising touches ( I have visual feedback on ) as quickly as I can touch the screen. But Helios buttons barely register a touch unless I *stoke* or do a small slide over a button.

This is happening all over the display, not just in one part.

Any ideas?

FIXED!

Ok, this one is WEIRD!!!!

You have to go to the control panel, select POWER OPTIONS, and then turn OFF the 'fast startup' option.

Yes, this makes booting slower - but we're used to that because hey, it's a Microsoft product, but what it does is fully load and enable touch drivers (and other things).

Now, both my profile, and the downloaded ones are working perfectly and I can touch buttons as quickly as I like without stroking the screen like some pervert.

Thanks to everyone who helped get me here, and I hope these 'fixes' are useful to the next people stuck on this.

glad you got it sorted. That stupid scaling thing had me stumped me for 5 days last year. And microsoft windows support was zero help.

I finally stumbled on it by accident on my own

Happy flying!

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

• 1 year later...

I could use some help.

I installed the Helios setup. Created an interface

I have two monitors and I am trying to put the center mfd Hornet on second monitor.

I see the control come up on my second monitor but the game only shows up on the main monitor.