Anti-missile SAMs not engaging missiles

I believe this issue was introduced with the same patch that added the F-14 (but I can't be sure). Prior to this issue, missile systems like the SA-10, SA-15 and Roland would consistently engage air-to-ground missiles fired in their general vicinity - in a prior build it was impossible to kill the template SA-10 unless you simultaneously fired something like 20+ HARMs at it. The Tor was also pretty reliable at shooting anything down that was fired at it, and the Roland too to a lesser extent.

In the current version I can't get the Tor or Roland to engage at all, and the SA-10 only fired at one missile in a test, rather than all four that I fired. This obviously tips the balance massively in favour of SEAD aircraft, as you can basically guarantee that your missiles will get through any missile shield.

I've attached three tracks - one of the SA-10, one SA-15 and one with the Roland. For the SA-15 and Roland tracks, I've set up two groups - one just placed as default and the other I've explicitly added that they should engage air weapons in the waypoint options. I'm able to kill the systems in each track with just four HARMs, and only one HARM is engaged by the SA-10, the Tor and Roland don't engage at all. I'm fairly sure that if you run these tracks in the stable branch, you'll have wildly different outcomes because the systems will engage missiles.

torbroken.trk

rolandbroken.trk

sa10broken.trk

The patch prior to the F-14's release saw some behavior changes for sams. TBH I didn't check for changes in anti missile defense when I was testing if the two bugs related to sams were fixed. I'll have to investigate.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum