Flight Path Ladder off centre

GazAce

Hi good people,

Not sure if this has been reported prior but I'm getting this weird off centre angle happening with my Flight Path Ladder and also the Steer Point Line and its box are off to one side even when the Bug on my Heading Tape is near dead ahead. Anyone else seen this before? The Flight Path Ladder only seems to fill the Hud correctly when I bank as the pic shows but doesn't happen all time thankfully but is more frequent than not and it's annoying.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers G huh.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

To Expound somewhat on what Emmy stated,

The pitch ladder is tied to the Flight Path Marker/Velocity Vector (whichever name you prefer) and moves around with it. If you're flying in a crosswind then the FPM will be off to one side as its showing you where your aircraft is flying compared to the ground, and so will the pitch ladder.

Normal and intended operation, No Bug.

:thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

not sure about the A-10 but in the f/a-18 you can cage the velocity vector and it will hold it in the center but it is then not an accurate visual cue to where you are pointed. It will add a small mark where the velocity vector is still actually pointing to. Maybe something worth looking thru the manual for your plane to see if that is an option.

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

not sure about the A-10 but in the f/a-18 you can cage the velocity vector and it will hold it in the center but it is then not an accurate visual cue to where you are pointed. It will add a small mark where the velocity vector is still actually pointing to. Maybe something worth looking thru the manual for your plane to see if that is an option.

Not an option for the A-10 afaik.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.