constantly getting "Mission payload has not been saved. Save mission payload?" prompt

Zyll

hi folks,

I often open up multiplayer missions that have been created by other people, and every time I click on an aircraft that is slotted for a Client, I will get this prompt. It's fine once or twice or 5 times, but I just want to look at the waypoints of the flights, so closing this prompt EVERY SINGLE TIME gets pretty annoying around the 20th time.

Is there any way to suppress this prompt? Thanks in advance,

a2rvk6.png

This is usually a clue that your jet does not have the right ordinance for the assigned task. I see it if I load up a Warthog for CAS and then change the tasking from CAS to say, Ground Strike.

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the “Heads Up” it may be trying to give you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I've also seen it where I've previously made a mission with a Maverick G, only for that now to not be available for the Hornet.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

This happens when you set up a payload that is not a current preset payload for the selected mission type. With the near infinite number of combinations that can be made with the available stores it would be hard to make all of them presets for all mission types.

If it is a loadout that you use regularly, just save it and give it a name, it will speed up mission building in the future.

sorry, i should have been more clear. I'm not looking to update the mission, and its not one that I created. I just review them to understand the flight plans (for example we have various missions being created by squadron members and I may want to crack open the .miz file because I am performing the role of GCI this week).

So I am clicking through all the flights, looking at their tasking and waypoints. Many of the aircraft I don't even own, but for those that I do, I will get the prompt.

Maybe there's a better way for me to accomplish what I'm looking for, without going into the mission editor.

No, you can't avoid it if you need to look at the mission.

It doesn't matter if you run the ME, or invoke it through the mission planner after you launch the briefing, like others have posted, if the builder used a loadout that you don't have, or don't have in the same category, this warning pops up.

Just answer no, and never save the mission, so you don't screw it up.

If you should ever need to change a mission and make a save, you would need to answer yes, or risk messing up the mission builders desired loadouts.

Edited by Paganus

Yeah it is super annoying. Especially because you can't see the payload before having to give it a name, so I have a ton of payloads that are just gibberish. I made a bug report on it a while back. So far nothing has come of it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I think it has something to do with the weapon library/database.

If I had to guess, I would say updates to DCS make changes/adds, and the values in an existing mission file no longer match the updated version in the game files when you load the mission in the editor. Just a theory. No need for pitchforks...

No it literally has to do with whatever presets for payloads you have. There are the games default presets and whatever you make. It checks the payloads and if there isn't a 100% match it asks to create a new preset for it. So if you were using a game preset and for whatever reason that preset was changed in a patch, it would prompt you to save the preset as another name. All it takes is one pylon to be different to prompt the message.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Honestly, the whole loadout thing in DCS is not the most intuitive approach. If the mission maker decides to make a loadout, as long as its valid for the airframe, why does it matter that the client looking at the mission needs to have a saved loadout that matches?