D-Day to Germany: Cameraman Jack Lieb comments on original footage of 1945

Knock-Knock

Just came across this one, and figured others here might not have seen it either, and be interested in it. Some really good footage from Normandy for example.

Spectacular HD-scanned footage of 1945 with narration by newsreel cameraman Jack Lieb. According to this source (https://unwritten-record.blogs.archiv...), Lieb's voice had been recorded in 1976 by his son, Warren, one of his final lectures. Lieb went to Europe in 1943 to film war coverage for Hearst’s News of the Day newsreels.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

This is just outstanding!

I had not seen it before.

Bookmarked!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Best wishes!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hadnt watched it either ... thanks for sharing the link :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB