Some help with creating a mission

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you guys could help me with a mission i'm trying to create in the Mi 8.

The basic idea is a gunship assault on a radio station using the signal of the Radio station for navigation and as a "radio" during the mission for the crew. If possible both navigation and music would be great but if i cant have both i would like just the music.

I've used the following guide to set up the radio signal, although not on my airport at the radio station/tv tower.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105554

I tried the different ways to do it and I have got the radio signal to broadcast, but i cant seem to get the radio in the Mi 8 to pick up the signal almost like my radios are turned off. I've been trying to use the SAR radio with the 6 presets, using preset number 6 and setting the signal up in the editor to match.

Is there a specific radio to use for this purpose? or is it my pilot error?

i also have CLTD and mist installed in the mission and the broadcast.ogg triggers set could this be my problem ?

Any help would be appreciated

radios in DCS are a bit borked, even years after the issues being reported :(

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I can't speak regarding the compatibility of CTLD or any mods, but the method described in that guide works fine for me. It's a bit more complex than it needs to be, though, and it seems to be missing a trigger to stop the transmission if the "station" is destroyed (which is something I assume you might want).

My method:

1: Create the trigger zone and place the center on the station. The radius seems to be completely meaningless in this case unless you're using it for something else since the wattage of the broadcast will be what affects the reception range (just make the radius as small as possible so it doesn't obscure your editor as much)

2: Create a MISSION START trigger (name it whatever you want) with no conditions and one action:

-ACTION: RADIO TRANSMISSION

-FILE: [audio file name]

-ZONE: [zone name]

-MODULATION: AM

-LOOP: On (or as desired)

-FREQ, MHz: 124.1

-POWER, W: As desired, or just at the maximum value if you don't care about limited reception range

-NAME: As desired (but this value is important! Don't leave it blank!)

3: Create a ONCE, NO EVENT trigger with one condition:

-TYPE: UNIT DEAD

-UNIT: [name of your broadcast station unit]

and one action:

-ACTION: STOP RADIO TRANSMISSION

-NAME: [name of your broadcast from the previous step]

A couple important things to remember:

Make sure you switch the pilot's gyrocompass to АРК-УКВ mode (the copilot's gyrocompass can only monitor the АРК-9).

The АРК-УД SAR radio seems to only be able to demodulate AM signals. If the transmission is using FM, it'll still pick up the signal and the УП light will illuminate, but it'll only act as a homing beacon and you won't hear anything when switching the СПУ-7 to РК 2. If you want it to work this way, you could simply have the АРК-УД do the work of homing while using the Р-863 to listen to the broadcast (while switched to ЧМ). (I was also thinking it may be possible to have a nice static effect when the station's destroyed by turning off the squelch on the 863, but it doesn't seem to do anything when on the frequency, even after the transmission stops. Possible bug found?)

I can't speak regarding the compatibility of CTLD or any mods, but the method described in that guide works fine for me. It's a bit more complex than it needs to be, though, and it seems to be missing a trigger to stop the transmission if the "station" is destroyed (which is something I assume you might want).

My method:

1: Create the trigger zone and place the center on the station. The radius seems to be completely meaningless in this case unless you're using it for something else since the wattage of the broadcast will be what affects the reception range (just make the radius as small as possible so it doesn't obscure your editor as much)

2: Create a MISSION START trigger (name it whatever you want) with no conditions and one action:

-ACTION: RADIO TRANSMISSION

-FILE: [audio file name]

-ZONE: [zone name]

-MODULATION: AM

-LOOP: On (or as desired)

-FREQ, MHz: 124.1

-POWER, W: As desired, or just at the maximum value if you don't care about limited reception range

-NAME: As desired (but this value is important! Don't leave it blank!)

3: Create a ONCE, NO EVENT trigger with one condition:

-TYPE: UNIT DEAD

-UNIT: [name of your broadcast station unit]

and one action:

-ACTION: STOP RADIO TRANSMISSION

-NAME: [name of your broadcast from the previous step]

A couple important things to remember:

Make sure you switch the pilot's gyrocompass to АРК-УКВ mode (the copilot's gyrocompass can only monitor the АРК-9).

The АРК-УД SAR radio seems to only be able to demodulate AM signals. If the transmission is using FM, it'll still pick up the signal and the УП light will illuminate, but it'll only act as a homing beacon and you won't hear anything when switching the СПУ-7 to РК 2. If you want it to work this way, you could simply have the АРК-УД do the work of homing while using the Р-863 to listen to the broadcast (while switched to ЧМ). (I was also thinking it may be possible to have a nice static effect when the station's destroyed by turning off the squelch on the 863, but it doesn't seem to do anything when on the frequency, even after the transmission stops. Possible bug found?)

thanks for the help ill give this a try later this evening, is it possible to change the signal to FM or does it need to be AM?

When you input the signal in the editor does it need to be in the format 124.1 or does it need to be 124100 ?

Hi,

I'm back again, maybe i have overstepped myself, I wanted to add another radio with chatter to the above triggers that I could change by changing the frequency in flight. So i created a new trigger with the same rules obviously different trigger zones. The audio from the radios completely failed i even had to delete the trigger and reload the ogg file.

Is what i wanted to do possible or is it a bug or user error again