Mission 2, stuck, Helicopters wont fly

Hi, im stuck in mission 2, when approching WP2 i see the helicopters with spinning rotors, but when approaching they power down and just sit there, never fly...

Im using DCS 1.5.8.12667

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Hi, im stuck in mission 2, when approching WP2 i see the helicopters with spinning rotors, but when approaching they power down and just sit there, never fly...

Im using DCS 1.5.8.12667

Thanks for reporting I'll take a look asap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are welcome, let me know if you need more info

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

• 3 weeks later...
You are welcome, let me know if you need more info
I believe this has to do with a waypoint HOLD condition for the AI vehicles / helos. I have submitted a my findings to the ED test team for resolution. I appreciate your patience.

I believe this has to do with a waypoint HOLD condition for the AI vehicles / helos. I have submitted a my findings to the ED test team for resolution. I appreciate your patience.

Worth the wait and thank you for diving into it

Happy New Year

• 5 weeks later...

Hey,

Observed following issue in Mission 2 in DCS 2.5: after target AO is captured by US forces and nobody is found there, nothing happens for me (it should be an explosion, subsequent enemy ground attack etc). Could you please check it?

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

Hey,

Observed following issue in Mission 2 in DCS 2.5: after target AO is captured by US forces and nobody is found there, nothing happens for me (it should be an explosion, subsequent enemy ground attack etc). Could you please check it?

Lester, that is strange, an IED is suppose to go off when you friendly forces enter the compound, I will test and let you know.

I had to fly that mission twice, first time I had the same issue, second time it worked fine. I dunno wether that is important, but in the first try I ordered my flight ot anchor and did the show of force on my own, second try I had my flight in formation all the time and the IED went off.

I had to fly that mission twice, first time I had the same issue, second time it worked fine. I dunno wether that is important, but in the first try I ordered my flight ot anchor and did the show of force on my own, second try I had my flight in formation all the time and the IED went off.
"I ordered my flight to anchor and did the show of force" - did the same too.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Maybe the whole flight has to do the show of force to activate the trigger?
Emilo,

Only Hawg 1 needs to complete the show of force. Did you stop your flight firing on the compound once asked to hold fire by friendly forces?

Guys,

I tested the mission twice and confirmed on the first time Voodoo-23 (platoon) did not assault the compound after the Show of Force was completed. So I added another squad which will activate once Voodoo calls for a show of force. Tried the mission a second time and this time Voodoo-23 did assault the compound, so I had the same results as you guys. The additional squad will help ensure the trigger is activated. I will submit the updated mission to ED for input into the next patch. Thanks for reporting.

Thank you for the update and quick fix!

Thank you for the update and quick fix!

The updated mission should be in yesterday's hot fix, I will confirm when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having trouble near the end of mission 2. UH-1 doesn't pick up the downed F-18 pilot even after all enemy units are destroyed. I've tried twice and just watched the UH-1 hover indefinitely until I run out of fuel.
Tweedle, this bug came after hotfix 3, I am working on a fix, and have reported the bug.

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on this? I would love to progress past this mission.
I'll submit a temp fix mission to ED this weekend. Should fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I am submitting tonight, hopefully it will make it in this week. EDIT: Fixed mission submitted, huey pickup fixed (despawn and spawn another huey) also slowed the advance of ground troops to pilot location by 75%.

Edited by Ranger79