Drop tanks texture location?

Mike Busutil

Ok, here is what I found. The drop tank texture location is here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\textures\AeroWeapons.zip

There are three files.

Drop_tank_75gal.dds

ry4kqkJ.jpg

Drop_tank_75gal_Normal.dds

DdrfvFx.jpg

Drop_tank_75gal_RoughMet.dds

sl7IxAz.png

If I edit the first file "Drop_tank_75gal.dds" and edit the description file to read {"Drop_tank_75gal", 0 ,"Drop_tank_75gal",false}; I can successfully change the color as desired but the rough texture remains.

I can edit the roughmet file for this but I am not sure yet how to edit the description file to read my edited file rather than the default roughmet file.

I have tried this but it was unsuccessful I think. {"Drop_tank_75gal_RoughMet", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"Drop_tank_75gal_RoughMet",false};

Anyone have some insight to this? I'll keep playing with it ans see what I can come up with.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, here is what I found. The drop tank texture location is here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\textures\AeroWeapons.zip

If I edit the first file "Drop_tank_75gal.dds" and edit the description file to read {"Drop_tank_75gal", 0 ,"Drop_tank_75gal",false}; I can successfully change the color as desired but the rough texture remains.

I can edit the roughmet file for this but I am not sure yet how to edit the description file to read my edited file rather than the default roughmet file.

I have tried this but it was unsuccessful I think. {"Drop_tank_75gal_RoughMet", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"Drop_tank_75gal_RoughMet",false};

Anyone have some insight to this? I'll keep playing with it ans see what I can come up with.

Thanks for any help.

What does your current description.lua look like? Do you have the roughmet file you wish to use in the directory with the roughmet?

So the line where you define the 75 Gal Tank Roughmet,

That first field "Drop_tank_75gal_roughmet", delete the _roughmet so it is the same as the line above... Only in the first field (first instance on the line, before the first comma) not the file name, file name mush be the same as what is in the folder...

Have a look at other Roughmet file names (third field), and note the first field has the same name as the "0" (diffuse) channel.

;)

Ok, I'll give that a shot.

Because the original name for that file is "Drop_tank_75gal_RoughMet.dds" I didn't want to mess with it thinking I would mess it up or get he "missing texture".

I'll go edit that now and let you know. Thanks.

Ok, that did it. Thanks for the help.

I wanted to polish the drop tanks to match my polished skins. Now that the descriptions file is reading my files properly I'll clean my roughmet file to exactly where I want it.

Thanks again Azza276.

c5fHSzd.png

jSpjo4B.png

TZTpEkl.png

Xu3SSHS.png

Edited by Mike Busutil