A rudder tip for Huey drivers

msalama

Hiya guys -

I didn't invent this, but stumbled upon it somewhere. But the improvement, at least for me, was so profound that I thought I'd repeat it here lest it gets lost in the mists of Internet.

If you're finding your Huey twitchy and/or oscillating along its longitudinal axis even after applying JS curves and/or reducing saturation, try to increase your rudder sensitivity next. I set mine to -20 and the difference is like night and day, the chopper is rock solid now and doesn't gyrate along the roll axis anymore. Try it if everything else fails, since coordinated flying is much easier if the rudder is more responsive I've found!

Thanks all and report back ;)

If I might make an observation here and assuming kinda standard flight pedals with that dreaded "centre detent" action.

Then yes I ran this sort of setup because it helped overcome the mechanical centering effect of the pedals and reduced (after practice) over correction and allowed me to jump right on the ball as it where to keep the Huey (and other helis') facing forward with a tad more control and less effort.

I got rid of the mechanical center detent in my old combat pros which helped a lot but building my on "anti-torque" pedals made it that much better.

However as a general heli thing using so called flight sim pedals yes it helps adding such curves and I'd suggest trying it and see what it brings guys. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Confused newbie

So help for the newbies can rudder pedals be used as pitch control pedals or do i need to get two different types of pedals. haven't tried a helo yet just flying A-10c and using Z and X for rudder control so was going to get pedals for the huey module. I though i had a pretty sweet set up but i quake in fear of some of the stuff people are using:helpsmilie:

@FuzzyDunlop - Yes rudder pedals (for fixed wing/planes) and anti-torque pedals (for helicopters) are exactly the same thing as far as we home-simmers a concerned.

There is only one type of pedal you will need to buy, which you can then use for flying planes and helicopers.

Lot's of different brands and models out there to choose from.

Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (just as one example) also have an additional analogue depressable mechanism in each pedal that can be assigned as analogue wheel brake controls, if applicable to the aircraft.

• Thanks 1