Newbie engine question

Bengal

Old CLOD here and just started DCS. Got the P-51/Normandy/WW2 set-up and am loving it.

I also bought the Bodney campaign but am having trouble with a few things:

1. I can't keep up with the AI P-51's in my flight. We have to climb out to 23k and no matter what I do I fall behind. I'm using the fuselage tanks first and the supercharger kicks in about 16 or so. Engine is set for about 2900 RPM's and 50 or so manifold. Even when I cheat and start out ahead of the other flight.....they leave me in the dust and it screws up the mission. Thoughts?

2. My kneeboard actions are assigned to a hot key but only appear half the time I want it to. Can't figure out why.

3. About half the time my cockpit pointer wont activate anything.....just sits there as a cross. I have to re-start my computer to make it work. Is that a bug or is my rig just struggling?

Thanks for the help....excited to join this group.

Parker in Louisiana

• ED Team
Old CLOD here and just started DCS. Got the P-51/Normandy/WW2 set-up and am loving it.

I also bought the Bodney campaign but am having trouble with a few things:

1. I can't keep up with the AI P-51's in my flight. We have to climb out to 23k and no matter what I do I fall behind. I'm using the fuselage tanks first and the supercharger kicks in about 16 or so. Engine is set for about 2900 RPM's and 50 or so manifold. Even when I cheat and start out ahead of the other flight.....they leave me in the dust and it screws up the mission. Thoughts?

2. My kneeboard actions are assigned to a hot key but only appear half the time I want it to. Can't figure out why.

3. About half the time my cockpit pointer wont activate anything.....just sits there as a cross. I have to re-start my computer to make it work. Is that a bug or is my rig just struggling?

Thanks for the help....excited to join this group.

Parker in Louisiana

1. Check mixture selector - it must be at RUN position and not in FULL RICH.

And, by the way, AI is allowed to use 61/3000 for max climbing.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Btw you can climb 61/3000 no problem in p51. Long level flight is dangerous for longer preiods but not climb.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor