Please Help DCS 1.5 Missions

fschuster2000

I need help with this:

Today I bought the Viggen and after the Installation I start DCS 1.5. When I want to go to missions the loading screen is shown but nothing happens.

The only way to end DCS is with the task manager.

I don´t know what happens, but yesterday (before installing the viggen) all went normal.

Someone knew a solution?

Thanks

• ED Team

Hi fschuster2000

welcome to the forum, please add your dcs.log a guide is in my signature.

also check you have activated the starforce protection

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have the same thing for the missions tab after I reversed from the beta patch to the stable version.

[ATTACH]170688[/ATTACH]

I deleted my logs folder content and went into the game and clicked mission, had the loading screen for 5-10 seconds and closed the game by alt-tabbing, So it can generate new ones

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I have the same thing for the missions tab after I reversed from the beta patch to the stable version.

I deleted my logs folder content and went into the game and clicked mission, had the loading screen for 5-10 seconds and closed the game by alt-tabbing, So it can generate new ones

The fix

Deleting the "settings.lua" file from the "...\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor" folder has worked in the past for a similar 1.5 "mission" loading problem.

Perhaps backup the file just in case - DCS will create a new one and you'll need to set your graphics options, etc again.

Otherwise move the Saved Games\DCS folder and let dcs create a new one. If loading missions works as normal, you should be able to copy your control profiles, etc. back and/or use a process of elimination to find the offending file.

Explanation: When I switched from 1.5.7 to 1.5.6 it introduced duplicate entries with different capitalisations in "settings.lua", this appears to break parsing ?

Deleting settings.lua allows DCS to build a clean file without the error(s).

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080