My Miggy snaps on windy takeoffs.

HolyMackeral

Hi all, first time poster, long time simmer. I've played this sim since all the way back when it was just "Su-27 Flanker" by Strategic Simulations Inc. It was actually my first combat flight sim. First combat game at all truthfully.

Anyway, I don't really have any complaints. I'm just wondering if this phenomenon is the result of an old flight model and will be addressed in the future. That, or it's just me because the universe is against me.

If I take off with the Mig-29's with any kind of wind involved, the craft immediately snaps to a new direction when it clears the runway. It just looks visually jarring. Youtube link below since the YT wrap doesn't work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeCOm9l1_2s

This doesn't seem to happen with the others, or the additional aircraft modules. I'm guessing it will be fixed at some point. I can't imagine they'd be neglected, although the roadmap for this sim seems to stretch decades. I just don't want to die before I get the satisfaction of a smooth Mig-29 simulation.

Toodles! :v:

Hi all, first time poster, long time simmer. I've played this sim since all the way back when it was just "Su-27 Flanker" by Strategic Simulations Inc. It was actually my first combat flight sim. First combat game at all truthfully.

Anyway, I don't really have any complaints. I'm just wondering if this phenomenon is the result of an old flight model and will be addressed in the future. That, or it's just me because the universe is against me.

If I take off with the Mig-29's with any kind of wind involved, the craft immediately snaps to a new direction when it clears the runway. It just looks visually jarring. Youtube link below since the YT wrap doesn't work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeCOm9l1_2s

This doesn't seem to happen with the others, or the additional aircraft modules. I'm guessing it will be fixed at some point. I can't imagine they'd be neglected, although the roadmap for this sim seems to stretch decades. I just don't want to die before I get the satisfaction of a smooth Mig-29 simulation.

Toodles! :v:

Welcome long timer! :)

First, to link YT, just put the YT name for the video inside the YT brackets. In this case: yeCOm9l1_2s

That is, I belive, the old flight model on display. The Su-33 using SFM behaves the same way.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yea, I can confirm that. Not tried the SU-33, but the Mig does it my hands too. Some times just a little bit, other times, like in your video. Feels like magnetic tires :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |