making a joystick

I was planning about making my own joystick so I've done some research and found the things that I need but I just need to know what motherboard should I use ?

And what is the best and the cheapest one can I get?

Does the motherboards used called microcontrollers or something else?

Btw: I live in a country where Amazon can't transport the things I need?

Depends on your skills at electronics I suppose. You can’t go wrong with a Leo Bodnar interface board as they’re easy to use, have 8 axis, and 32 buttons which is about £50. You just have to build your stick and gimbal then you’re good to go. Easy.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hey guys im going to tag into this thread rather than start another that is pretty much the same thing.

I am looking into building my own button box, throttle quadrant. I already have a simple button box that I built using a DSD no matrix controller. which works great for buttons and switches.

What I am wanting to build next will have analog axis on it to use for rads, fuel mix, and trims

my insipiration.

Screenshot_20171018-031623.png

I know the bodnar board is capable of 8 axis and is exactly what I want. (8 axis, and several buttons.) and he does have the breakout matrix board available too which would greatly simplify the wiring. but once I do the conversion and include shipping it does get into a fairly pricey range. (close to $60 CAD before shipping)

what I am wondering is if any of you have better Google skills than I do and can find a shield/interface board for an arduino or teensy that would do the same thing.

Similar to what this guy did but with the extra 2 axis available? (this setup only has 6)

interface-ready-to-go-300x186.jpg

http://www.simpits.o...?p=392#more-392

thanks in advance guys.

Edited by Gotwake

The cheapest option is to use Arduino UNO but you have to change firmware for plug and play. It will cost you 4 to 5 USD on aliexpress.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• 3 months later...
I was planning about making my own joystick so I've done some research and found the things that I need but I just need to know what motherboard should I use ?

And what is the best and the cheapest one can I get?

Does the motherboards used called microcontrollers or something else?

Btw: I live in a country where Amazon can't transport the things I need?

If you're hard pressed for money, just find a cheap USB game controller with enough axes and buttons, and use that as your control board. A gamepad or something like it with dual analog sticks will have 4 axes, and a bunch of buttons.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!