How do I use JSOWs?

Flightsimnerd

Just download the one that matches your OS - I downloaded the 64 bit version here: https://digi.bib.uni-mannheim.de/tesseract/tesseract-ocr-w64-setup-v5.0.0.20190526.exe

Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if the latest was recommended as its an Alpha version, but I surely didn't understand what the 2 "special builds" (shown below) were. :D

You used PP, not TOO right? cause TOO doesn't work for me even though I followed Wags' video to the letter...

SB11

With TOO mode you need to make sure you are entering coordinates into the HSI as DDMMmmmm (this is the default when the f18 loads.)

If you’d like to enter DDMMssss (which is what the f10 map displays), you need to go to the hsi, go to data, A/C and then in the bottom right hit the push button for LATLONGMIN (or something like that) and it will change to LTLONGSEC (or something similar.)

Now enter your coordinates into the HSI in DDMMssss and when you use TOO mode the bombs won’t automatically convert what it thinks is a DDMMmmmm into a DDMMssss.

Give it a whirl and see if it fixes your too issue.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does JSOW Auto Loft work? I played around with it tonight but could never get the weapon to release. What do the 45/30/15 sub-options do? Are these loft profiles in degrees that you must pull-up to in order to release the weapon?

I guess this isn't implemented yet. Assuming the same for the given values. There's no timer though that tells you when to pull up for a max range shot, but the TMR goes down as you pull up.

Yesterday I tried 8 JSOW As in PP mode on 4 different targets (Shilkas), 2 on each. One got busted, the others took absolutely no damage even though they've been sourrounded by impacts just like the first one. Did't use the precise mode though.

Today I tried the TOO mode instead, which means I entered the coordinates as WPs (51 - 54), this time with the precise mode. Then I saw the LOFT thing and wanted to try it, but the JSOW wouldn't come off the rail and they've all been stuck to STBY. When I switched to manual, I could drop one, but struggled to get off another one until finally the other one on the same wing came off, throwing me into a very strong imbalance that made me decide to just jett the others after still struggling to get them off the rails with all parameters set. At the moment I pressed the jett button, DCS just crashed without a log, as usual. Therefor I couldn't take a track to see what I did wrong as I just thought this was the usual Layer 8 problem icon_redface.gif

what really pisses me off is the alignment of each station. it takes 10 minutes to align a single rack..

As Wags said, not until you switch to another weapon. And it doesn't need 10 minutes. In his video they become ready at 7:30, so they take 2 and a half minutes. Just wondering why it then counts down from 10:00 instead.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yesterday I tried 8 JSOW As in PP mode on 4 different targets (Shilkas), 2 on each. One got busted, the others took absolutely no damage even though they've been sourrounded by impacts just like the first one. Did't use the precise mode though.

That's due to the practically non modeled fragmentation effects. I was excited about the JSOW-A, but like other cluster munitions (except the CBU-97/105), it has proven to be effective very circumstantially for me and only if there's almost no wind at all. I'll get back to it once the HDG option is implemented.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Would be better if we could set the HoB to concentrate them onto a tighter spot. Seems to be stuck to 900ft at the moment. Changing it in the options where you also could input HDG or O/S doesn't actually do anything yet and I was unable to find the TERM option that's been mentioned here.

Nevertheless I expected the submunitions of the CBU-87 and AGM-154A to be more effective than the Mk.20's and I remember they've been back in the day when the A-10C was fresh. And I'm not mixing those up with the 97s, that was another world.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Try this in the meantime - https://github.com/Santi871/DCSWaypointEditor/releases. You can capture way points from the F10 map and then it can enter them into the Hornet for you (while you start up or even while you take off and head to the target). Great for the JSOWs. He's going to update it to take account of the new PP functionality, but it works great at the minute with TOO.

I've tried the software you've mentioned but it only adds minutes and seconds, the degree are set to 0° instead of the captured coordinates, something is wrong.

I've tried this with the waypoings whilst in hsi on the main central AMPCD...:doh::mad:

edit : I've figured it out, I was manualy setting the HSI mode to precise, but actually I shouldn't have done that but rather just leave the central MPCD to default HSI mode and then capture the waypoint from the f10 map with default lctrl+T untill I have 8 waypoints then simply click on "add to aircraft" and everthing will be done automatically.

This software is AMAZING!!!

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black