DCS I-16

I mean, no comments whatsoever? :huh:

Introducing DCS: I-16 by OctopusG
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3904062&postcount=57

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/i-16/

DCS-I-16-cover-700x1000.jpg

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Wait for Fridays Newsletter for an official announcement.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can already hit the buy button and get the thing, it's on the module manager in DCS, I don't think we have to wait, it's been released. Sometimes updates happens in Wednesdays. Just no bells and whistles.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Yes its available. Someone check if its any good, then I'll buy it aswell :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I can already hit the buy button and get the thing, it's on the module manager in DCS, I don't think we have to wait, it's been released. Sometimes updates happens in Wednesdays. Just no bells and whistles.

S!

Of course it is already available for purchase, but the OP asked for some kind of announcement/comment, for which he will probably have to wait untill Friday.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Of course it is already available for purchase, but the OP asked for some kind of announcement/comment, for which he will probably have to wait untill Friday.

He is the OP, goodmorning :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I meant comments by people here. Weird we got a new module and nobody says a thing :D .

S!

I meant comments by people here. Weird we got a new module and nobody says a thing :D .

S!

Oh, alright then. I guess the lack of user comments is due to several reasons:

- The I-16 is not a very popular aircraft (I think so at least).

- There has been no announcement except it being mentioned with a single sentence in the changelog.

- There is no english subforum for it yet.

- The release has only happened a few minutes ago.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

The I-16 is not a very popular aircraft (I think so at least).
This. It's weird forums doesn't burn by people blaming ED for releasing such a module and blah blah :lol: . Guess I caught it right in the minute it happened and they had no time for complains.

S!

Oh, alright then. I guess the lack of user comments is due to several reasons:

- The I-16 is not a very popular aircraft (I think so at least).

- There has been no announcement except it being mentioned with a single sentence in the changelog.

- There is no subforum for it yet.

- The release has only happened a few minutes ago.

Popular to russian front and Spanish Civil War (no the OctopusG version)

The I-16 develop old post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=133052&page=36&highlight=I-16+Type+24

Does feel like a slightly odd choice, when the primary opponents for it in game are going to completely out class it. Even if you remove MW50 from the 109 and 190, the K4 and Dora will be significantly faster and better armed.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Started as just a mod at first, so it makes sense the author just modelled what he wanted to.

S!

I wish the developers good luck. It's good to have another third-party developer in DCS.

I'm just curious what their next project will be.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I wish the developers good luck. It's good to have another third-party developer in DCS.

I'm just curious what their next project will be.

Who says they're doing another project?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Who says they're doing another project?

Nobody says they have a new project. It's just common that you do not stick to a module once you've developed one. You earn money with one module. With several modules you earn more money. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Nobody says they have a new project. It's just common that you do not stick to a module once you've developed one. You earn money with one module. With several modules you earn more money. :D

Sure, but the I-16 started as a mod project which is not that common. So that might be their only project.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Remember Mig-21Bis, Gazelle and other start as MODs...

I didn't say it never happaned :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess they will gauge how the sales for the DCS go VS sales for FSX/P3D, and hopeful decide to port over the AN-2. I would love to have Anushka in DCS...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery