HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I have both betas already...

Would know why it's like this?

I'd add that I had a Lenovo explorer. Uninstalled it then plugged the Reverb...

Maybe its due to your previous headset. But you might get a bit more performance by reducing to near 2160x2160, then again maybe you won't get much.

No idea on the re-projection not working, I don't use it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No idea on the re-projection not working, I don't use it.

How do you turn that off in Steam's WMR implementation?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I think Harlikwin want to tell you still got SS about 25% up. Lover your Steam VR to about 78% to match your rendering resolution closes possible to 2160x2160 what is the native resolution for Reverb.

Right now you are using all beta versions where 100% is around 2500x2500. Try to lower it to 78% or even lower to get result closes to 2160x2160. This will even give you more FPS.

Thank you for your answers...

But in that case, thud's guide isn't accurate anymore? He doesn't say to set SS to 78%.

Moreover, I just saw I have a misalignment bug. I knew something was wrong with the way I saw Fpsvr overlay, now I know what it is. Unfortunately this bug has been there for several months apparently and still no solution...

I think it is a reasonable assumption that not all sweet spots are the same. People have made improvements to Vive Pros using alternative lenses and I wouldn't doubt the same could be done with the Reverb.

Regardless of resolution, I believe the Index has significantly less degradation from the center to edge. Sure the Reverb is clearer in the center but the Index is definitely more consistent center to edge. The amount of degradation is a product of the lenses.

Whether that matter is more a matter of personal choice. Personally I would go for the greater clarity of the Reverb and simply move my head more but others may prefer the reverse.

I was not talking about the sweet spot. I was talking about blurred peripheral vision as in general. I don't know anything about Index sweet spot size because I didn't try it. Also one of the benefits for manual IPD adjustment is constant sweet spot size. Reverb or Rift-S sweet spot size depends on your IPD as well not just on lenses quality.

With Reverb and Rift-S higher IPD reducing sweet spot size and FOV. It is a small difference but existing with HMD with software IPD adjustment.

SteamVR sets 100% to be 1.4x the native resolution.

The explanation from the developers is as follows:

"The short answer is the lens distorts the image which we have to account for. So we do the opposite distortion to the image we display on the screen which compresses the edges of the image and loses fine detail. So in order to preserve the detail we do a bit of supersampling to account for what is lost because of the lens. I suggest you watch

for more details."

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

My Reverb arrived today

I had the SO+ previously and the SO+ was my first vr system.

I'm attempting to get things setup...Ive actually read all 342 pages of this thread over the last few months as I watched the reverb go through its "launch" phase.

I learned that its not helpful because stuff changes so quick that it becomes not too relevant.

Let me know if this seems reasonable.

1) I believe im running steam beta but Im having to push it to 188% to get the stated resolution see photo.

2) In DCS I have PD to 1.0 and I am running 2xMSAA (I need to try with msaa off as well)

I thought there was a 3rd place where I had to mess with stuff too

Now the clarity is way improved over the SO+ but as odd as it sounds the SDE is a bit more obvious. Im not sure yet if this is because I have a setting off some place.

please advise on what I need to check settings wise.

Thanks

-Gun

reverb.thumb.jpg.3f8ad193432d83bc169c9a2b4281e668.jpg

My Reverb arrived today

I'm attempting to get things setup...Ive actually read all 342 pages of this thread over the last few months as I watched the reverb go through its "launch" phase.

I learned that its not helpful because stuff changes so quick that it becomes not too relevant.

1) I believe im running steam beta but Im having to push it to 188% to get the stated resolution see photo.

2) In DCS I have PD to 1.0 and I am running 2xMSAA (I need to try with msaa off as well)

Now the clarity is way improved over the SO+ but as odd as it sounds the SDE is a bit more obvious. Im not sure yet if this is because I have a setting off some place.

Thanks

-Gun

there is a WMR beta within steam

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

My Reverb arrived today

Thanks

-Gun

Those two things pretty much cover the major things that need to be adjusted. As for the 188% SS thing, just ignore that. I haven't found anything over 100% SS to have any noticeable benefit to clarity, but getting significantly over 100% starts to cause all kinds of performance issues like ghosting.

The thing with SDE between the SO+ and the Reverb isn't really all that odd. The SO+ had an SDE filter, which deliberately "blurred" things a little bit so you wouldn't see the SDE. It was a lot like turning the sharpness down on an old TV. You'd end up with a picture that wasn't as grainy, but you also lost a lot of the fine details (as much "fine detail" as an old TV could produce, anyway).

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Ok, I finally pulled the trigger on the HP Reverb now (along with the obligatory VR Optician Prescription Lens Inserts) - cannot wait. :D

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

so Steam Vr beta vs regular steam Vr.

should I opt back out and use steam VR...it seemed smoother to me.

That is my experience. Of course it could change anytime!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Got my VR Optician inserts. They are GREAT!

Yeah, that´s true. I have them installed a week ago and my picture is crystal clear and sharp now from the center to the edges with perfect sweet spot.

Using the Reverb with my glasses or contact lens wasn´t half as good as now!!!! Fascinating! I ordered them with the Zeiss Blueprotect coating. My IPD is 68 and now perfect sweet spot (33,5 + 34.5 IPD inserts).

Got my VR Optician inserts. They are GREAT!
I think i will wait for the snap on lenses that I got from widmovr for the odyssey. Are these like thin glasses you insert in the headset or do they snap in?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Those two things pretty much cover the major things that need to be adjusted. As for the 188% SS thing, just ignore that. I haven't found anything over 100% SS to have any noticeable benefit to clarity, but getting significantly over 100% starts to cause all kinds of performance issues like ghosting.

Look at F18 map MFCD with 100% and 150% SS ... are you sure you don't notice any difference?:huh:

However I am also in 100%

Yeah, that´s true. I have them installed a week ago and my picture is crystal clear and sharp now from the center to the edges with perfect sweet spot.

Using the Reverb with my glasses or contact lens wasn´t half as good as now!!!! Fascinating! I ordered them with the Zeiss Blueprotect coating. My IPD is 68 and now perfect sweet spot (33,5 + 34.5 IPD inserts).

So these lenses can help correct for non-optimal IPD?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So these lenses can help correct for non-optimal IPD?

I can just say it from my point of view. If I wear my glasses under the Reverb there is not much space to hit the sweet spot of my glasses, which correct my astigmatism and hit the sweet spot of the Reverb. I have to bring two sweet spots in conjunction. If I wear my soft contact lenses, I hit the sweet spot of the Reverb, but my astigmatism isn't corrected and sometimes it doesn't seem to be a sharp and clear picture, rather foggy and blurred to the edges. In both cases I often had crossed eyes to meet the sweet spot. snaping the Vr inserts ontop the Reverb lenses it's a entire new vr world for me and I don't have to squint for the sweet spot, it's just there and large and sharp and clear an so on. Totally recommended for astigmatism and myopia:thumbup:

Edited by Foxmike

Same here, got lenses from https://vroptiker.de/sehstaerke-linsen-einsaetze/hp-reverb/

Sweet spot is much better than wearing glasses! I also have a rather strong astigmatism.

I can just say it from my point of view. If I wear my glasses under the Reverb there is not much space to hit the sweet spot of my glasses, which correct my astigmatism and hit the sweet spot of the Reverb. I have to bring two sweet spots in conjunction. If I wear my soft contact lenses, I hit the sweet spot of the Reverb, but my astigmatism isn't corrected and sometimes it doesn't seem to be a sharp and clear picture, rather foggy and blurred to the edges. In both cases I often had crossed eyes to meet the sweet spot. snaping the Vr inserts ontop the Reverb lenses it's a entire new vr world for me and I don't have to squint for the sweet spot, it's just there and large and sharp and clear an so on. Totally recommended for astigmatism and myopia:thumbup:

But if I don't wear glasses, and my IPD isn't the native of reverb... Can I use a plan lenses without eyesight for correct IPD?

dumb question but I assume you got your information from your eye doctor on what to put in.

dumb question but I assume you got your information from your eye doctor on what to put in.

Yes, your corrective lens prescription. Without a prescription, one could test common "reader" glasses from any pharmacy to determine the correction needed and provide that to VR Optician. They do not require an optician's written prescription.