Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

Chizh is apparently talking about a Black Shark 3 upgrade in the russian forum as Silver Dragon noticed:

I'm not sure what I should make of that? :huh:

Edit: Chizh has deleted his comments now. :music_whistling:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

And is going to be a payed one.

I've already payed for BS1, then BS2 and now is official, BS3 as a payed one.

I cant express myself how disappointed i feel. I hope for previous owners-payers of several consecutive versions of BS some sort of discount or fair gest could be made.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The graphics upgrade for BS2 should still come for free this year though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thats not my conclusion reading the russian thread but is better to wait for some official statements. I dont like to speculate.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

BS2 appeared on 2011, I've had 7 years to play with her, during which it has been adapted by ED to run on newer versions of DCS with no extra charge, and I've enjoyed using her all these years ... and I fully expect that ED will still update her cockpit for free, if noting else than to adapt it better to 2.5 graphics changes.

So, if they came out with an improved variant of the BS, I've no problem with paying for it .. I realize that the development costs have to be covered, and I expect that BS3 will too be updated for free for many years to come :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

"Originally Posted by -Slayer-

Do I guess everything correctly by CHA-3:

- Needles

- BKO

- Electrics and possibly other unrealized things.

- Real ins (errors, etc.)

- new cockpit

- New external model

Maybe something else will be?

Yes, except ins. However, maybe her hands will reach.

While in terms of missile explosives and defense system."

The translation is pretty bad, but there will be a new cockpit and external model, plus some systems.

"Пока в плане ракеты ВВ и оборонная система."

Apparently some air to air missiles (they mention R-73 but I'd presume Igla-V?) and defensive systems as well? Would that be another variant or another prototype airframe?

Not sure what BKO stands for?

I don't mind paying for these if there is some fair discount for the owners of BS2.

I remember being annoyed about paying for the BS1-> BS2 upgrade which seemed quite limited in scope and came in a rather short time period, but that was so long ago that I understand they need to charge for any further updates.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Chizh has deleted his comments now :music_whistling:

Apparently some air to air missiles (they mention R-73 but I'd presume Igla-V?) and defensive systems as well? Would that be another variant or another prototype airframe?

Not sure what BKO stands for?

Maybe the defense systems might also include a RWR? Maybe that's what BKO stands for?

Tornado3 small.jpg

BKO is mentioned at Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_approach_warning_system

as President-S (BKO) from KRET and Scientific-Research Institute Ekran

which might be interesting

Л-370Э50 seems to be a version for the Ka-50

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Oh, it's now a RWR, but an MWS. That would be a great addition as well!

Tornado3 small.jpg

that's a no then!

I don't think so. The plan for BS3 looked pretty solid in Chizhs comments and Chizh isn't just anyone. He's the producer. I guess it's just that those comments and the included information came a bit too early and in the wrong place. ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

BS2 appeared on 2011, I've had 7 years to play with her, during which it has been adapted by ED to run on newer versions of DCS with no extra charge, and I've enjoyed using her all these years ... and I fully expect that ED will still update her cockpit for free, if noting else than to adapt it better to 2.5 graphics changes.

So, if they came out with an improved variant of the BS, I've no problem with paying for it .. I realize that the development costs have to be covered, and I expect that BS3 will too be updated for free for many years to come :)

Same. I've had more than my money's worth out of BS-1 & 2.

But...the situation is different for BS-3. If you didn't want to upgrade BS-2 then you could continue using BS-1 standalone. But if you don't want/can't upgrade to BS-3 then what happens?

But this is all speculation so....

I will catch you at bs10 update

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

But...the situation is different for BS-3. If you didn't want to upgrade BS-2 then you could continue using BS-1 standalone. But if you don't want/can't upgrade to BS-3 then what happens?

BS2 is more or less working now, no? Just needs some cockpit fixes for the new lighting system.

I'd expect they'd implement those before BS3 is released, but I guess that would also depend on the amount of work required. Perhaps it makes no sense if it's a lot of double effort better focused on the BS3 upgrade.

Warthog 2, anyone? ;)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Not sure but expected a update to a Ka-50N "Night Shark" or Ka-50Sh?

I had hoped that this would happen for years. If it were, and Black Shark 3 would be made, I would gladly pay for it - but I agree, there has to be a different variant that adds to the experience. Ka-50N at the least.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I feel it is fair to pay for BS3 and would gladly do it. No company can support and keep up to date 10 year old software, especially game, for no additional cost.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Provided it's an update that substantiates it, absolutely.

I'm not sure I'd be able to justify putting down cash on a new cockpit alone, but if we got another variant with different capabilities? Absolutely.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I would pay for ka52

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5