New Helmet Decal - how to

=DECOY=

As you know the Tim has added the ability to place your own decals on the back of the helmet like this:

pic1.thumb.JPG.966a101d40e746ff5557726edaa68e9a.JPG

To make this download THIS PSD and place your logo here:

pic2.thumb.JPG.907860165d09b6297c859c99557b11cc.JPG

Once you have done this save it as a dds DTX5 and add this line above the pilot helmet roughmet :

{"pilot_AV8B_helmet", DECAL ,"Pilot_AV8B_hgu68_decal",false};

(remember false will use the decal in your livery, true will fetch from the main av8b folder)

Once you have done this you will have your logo on your helmet :thumbup:

pic3.thumb.jpg.9624205573eaa04b272e3167f02e630b.jpg

just remember dont paint the bottom right hand dot

Enjoy and please share pictures of your helmets :lol:

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Is there a file to get the camo helmet covers again?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Does this require I own photoshop?

Screw Photoshop. Go get Gimp! https://www.gimp.org

;)

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Sorry to ask but I am totally lost,

Once I have the file, what folder does in go in?

What file to I add the line {"pilot_AV8B_helmet", DECAL ,"Pilot_AV8B_hgu68_decal",false}; to?

If your making your own skin, it will go in that folder. If you want to add a decal to every Harrier skin in your install, place it in the CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Textures

as for the {"pilot_AV8B_helmet", DECAL ,"Pilot_AV8B_hgu68_decal",false};

That is for your custom description.lua, If you want to add the decal to all harriers just do the above step and ignore this one

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

If your making your own skin, it will go in that folder. If you want to add a decal to every Harrier skin in your install, place it in the CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Textures

as for the {"pilot_AV8B_helmet", DECAL ,"Pilot_AV8B_hgu68_decal",false};

That is for your custom description.lua, If you want to add the decal to all harriers just do the above step and ignore this one

Thank you sir.

Edited by Mesha44

Thanks Decoy, I hadn't noticed this post and I discovered the Decal dds in the textures folder and figured out how to do it. But thanks for the info I'll share with my dcs fans and skin builders. My X-Wing Themed Harrier repaint is taking on a whole new look tonight!

I see it also being applied to the mask though, let us know when the fix is done, please.

6kdpN8P.jpg

Edited by Cutlass72

I'm assuming like liveries the decals can not be seen in Multiplayer unless installed on the other client machines as well? Or do the helmet decals work differently?

They'd only be seen by "any" player who has the exact same file installed, even if it's on the server client.