[REPORTED]Setting target coordinates glitches target coordinates

Rolds

In some maps (not all, Caucuses seems to work fine) if you are in the command map and try to set a target's coordinates by typing them into the coordinate boxes and pressing "set", the target point will jump to somewhere off the map and not the coordinates you input. This happens on Normandy and The Channel Maps.

Also, that input box should probably have a clearer way of differentiating between N and S, and E and W coordinates, right? Normandy certainly, and maybe the Channel, straddle the prime meridian.

See example tracks of this happening in Normandy, and feel free to try it for yourself!

CA artilery normandy bug 2.trk

CA artilery normandy bug.trk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team

I have reported this

if you set the target without click on the map first the behaviour of the target data is to set it at a random point. I have asked for this to be changed so it is not as far.

Of course the intended behaviour is to set the target by clicking on the map then setting the target.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

Hi Big Newy,

Perhaps I don't understand you or am not getting the behavior you describe on my end. I select the artillery unit, click a spot on the ground, then try to input the target coordinates. Upon pressing the "set" button, the target coordinates change to new values and the target point is typically off the map.

• Thanks 1