Ground units getting stuck on bridges??

Mt5_Roie

So I'm working on this missions and was testing it out today. There is a convoy of around 15 armored vehicles and air defenses moving from Russia in Georgia along the coast road. I'm having the units drive on road and they started out well.

When they got to the first of many bridges, about 5 units got stuck there. As the progressed, a single unit got stuck on a bridge further down. Of the original 15 units, about 8 made it to the target.

How do I stop ground units from getting stuck on bridges?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

With a CBU 97. :D

Well, it can happen on quite a few bridges, some have been correctly reported in the respective bug forums and fixed over time - but it seem to be a problems which needs to be dealt with per bridge. Quite a few places remain though.

I've dealt with the problem by either:

- Find a suitable river to cross and go offroad.

- Smaller columns of units, sending them across at different times.

- Make sure I never used the bridge ...

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I've experimented with slower speeds and smaller convoy sizes. Seems like 1-2 units are always getting stuck on a bridge. So I ended up changing the trigger to start when part of the unit as at trigger instead of all of them.

As for multiple routes, there seems to only be one road going from Russia to Georgia on the west coast.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I've experimented with slower speeds and smaller convoy sizes. Seems like 1-2 units are always getting stuck on a bridge. So I ended up changing the trigger to start when part of the unit as at trigger instead of all of them.

As for multiple routes, there seems to only be one road going from Russia to Georgia on the west coast.

Hmm, OK I see. Maybe it is more of a function of the size of the bridge (small) in relation to the size of the armor going across it (large). This would make sense in RL -- some of these little bridges might not support a full loaded main battle tank rolling over it. You could test that with different units, just to better understand the cause. Or are you just sending trucks in large convoys?

It does look like those bridged up along the Abkhazian coast up to Sochi are all small bridges. Are there any bridges in particular where you are having the most trouble?

I like Panzertard's suggestion of just sending units off road to cross these small rivers.

EDIT: negative on the big tank - small bridge theory. I had a column of 8 or 9 T-80 main battle tanks cruise right thru downtown Pshap & Dranda over 3 bridges. So far not able to recreate your problem.

Edited by Ripcord

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Question @ roiegat

What are is your civilian ground traffic set at? I am using LOW civilian traffic, and I think I noticed that one of my tanks got delayed for a moment to let a car go past.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]