Engine RPM suddenly only below 80% ? What did I break?

D4n

How did I overstress the engine? seconds after that the engine shut-down completely...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

zebra warning too much time = overheating? Cause there is no red line or so at the temperature gauge... that's really weird in Ka-50...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I've had this happen several times.

-When landing on unpaved surfaces too many times(I'm assuming dust in the engine, even when dust/anti-ice on). Sometimes this causes a fire!

-In multiplayer after typing in chat, some how keystrokes thru chat now affect keystrokes to your Ka50.

-Over stressing the engine too many times. Leaving the engines in full power rather than auto. And even hard maneuvering constantly has done this. Or IAS Max too much can do it!

-Also taking a bullet in the engine, even from small arms will affect the engine long term(Watch your gauges after being hit, even though everything sounds/seems fine).

-Or could be you sucked up a bird into your engine...

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

aaaah oil temp ok

Turn on rotor deicing & engine ice protection. Pitot heaters should be on also...

1. Rotor de-icing system switch. Placing this switch in the up position will warm the rotor blades to the point that it prevents icing. If ice does develop on the rotor blades, they will dramatically lose lift generating capability. It is always best to turn this on when operating in cold air. [LALT + LCTRL + LSHIFT + S]

2. Engines de-icing/dust-protection systems switch. To prevent ice from forming in the engine intakes, place this switch in the up position. This will warm the air intake manifolds and prevent ice from forming in cold conditions. If ice forms, the flow of air to the engines will be impeded. The system will also prevent dust build-up in dusty conditions. [LALT + I]

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

But ice only builds up at specific humidity, right?

I have flown missions with higher cloud cover. While I was flying clear of cloud my engine RPM/power dropped significantly. To the point i had to land... I turned on rotor and engine anti-ice and shortly thereafter power was restored and back in business sending weapons down range!

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

use the engine power indicator to know when you are at cruise power, max continuous and take off power.

its on the right. above the battery switches

max times are 6 minutes for take off power B on the scale.

60 minutes for max continuous H on the scale

unlimited for below K.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.