Marking with smoke in the editor

FlandersRevenge

How do we mark targets with smoke in the editor?

Is it a script? All I want to do is create a vehicle park, and mark it so its easier to see. I never realized HOW hard it is to see stuff on the ground when flying at 300kts.

Dell Studio XPS 1650

Intel i7 1.60 ghz

6gb ram

300mb HD

ATI Mobility Radeon 4670

You'll do it with triggers.

In the last of the 3 trigger boxes it'll be one of the things you can do.

The way I generally do it is as follows.

1 - Create trigger zone somewhere in your flight path, generally between your IP and your target zone. Label it Trigger Zone A. When you fly through this point, it will trigger the smoke.

2 - Create Trigger zone where you want smoke to appear, Label it Smoke A

3 - In the first of the 3 trigger options boxes click [ONCE]

4 - In the second trigger options box select [uNIT INSIDE ZONE] - Select UNIT as your aircraft, and ZONE as the first trigger zone you created (Zone A)

5 - In the third box select [sMOKE MARKER], It'll ask you for the zone, select the zone you created second (Smoke A).

Now when you fly into Zone A, it will trigger smoke at Smoke A.

NOTE: In this third box you can perform other tasks, I like to make little text messages - "Targets are at the bridge north of the river, marking with smoke."

• Thanks 1

476th vFG Alumni

You can use basically any condition. There's also a SMOKE MARKER ON UNIT option or even SIGNAL FLARE options as well for airborne targets. As Ragtop showed, there's more than one one way to carpet bomb this orphanage. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
In an effort to set the ED record for necro-posting... (more than 7 years :) ) ..

I dont get it :(

you are not a newby, why look for a thread from 9 years ago rather than place your question directly?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
I dont get it :(

you are not a newby, why look for a thread from 9 years ago rather than place your question directly?

Because it gave us all a chance to enjoy the fantastic quote earlier in the thread?

Or because he did what we're supposed to do - search for the info, found this thread and asked, perhaps?

I don't care - it was worth it for the laugh :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg