[CHK] FPS Issues with JF-17 Cockpit

paco2002

Hello all.

I've been flying the JF-17 since day 1, and I never had this FPS issues with the Cockpit, the big issue was with the last update of the Cockpit, that just ruined my FPS and experience.

May I ask for a solution? Or a quick fix? Maybe a way to roll back to the older cockpit?

Not sure if that's posible, but just letting you know that there are some FPS issues with the latest cockpit update of the JF, loving the plane!

Thanks Deka Ironworks!!!

(I'm in VR)

Edited by uboats

Please, delete this thread, I think it's not in the right place. :doh:

it's in the right place if you report any issue

please attach any screen recording to show it

no report from others so far, and i cannot reproduce significant FPS drop

also we haven't changed any cockpit model

edit:

i don't have VR either....

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

it's in the right place if you report any issue

please attach any screen recording to show it

no report from others so far, and i cannot reproduce significant FPS drop

also we haven't changed any cockpit model

edit:

i don't have VR either....

Here you got the screenshots, note the JF is turned off, and is a really demanding plane when you tuned it on due to the screens and all the lights it has.

In VR fps are really important, when FPS vary in VR the user can suffer sickness, and thats not Good:(

Other planes Works with higher FPS, that's why I speak about the cockpit, because I think that there's the problem.

PS: I know that FPS may vary between aircrafts, maybe something between 4-5 FPS, but having 10, or even more than 10 FPS difference is quite a hard hit in VR.

1740571006_JF-17FPS.thumb.PNG.c2b33ffac188bd80abfdc1522424cb83.PNG

M-2000.thumb.PNG.7eebcd593a9de78d474ca37e67dcc795.PNG

176543973_Su-33FPS.thumb.PNG.564269e85e3126fb1354920c4056902f.PNG

Edited by paco2002

I have extreme fps loss when turning on AG radar. Using free flight instant action I go from 75 fps to 15. Just a datapoint for you guys.

2.5.6 is a complete mess, so I imagine it's not a deka issue per se, but it is a problem nonetheless.

All graphics low/off except:

Textures: high

View Distance: high

MSAA 4x

Cockpit Display resolution: 1024

I have extreme fps loss when turning on AG radar. Using free flight instant action I go from 75 fps to 15. Just a datapoint for you guys.

2.5.6 is a complete mess, so I imagine it's not a deka issue per se, but it is a problem nonetheless.

All graphics low/off except:

Textures: high

View Distance: high

MSAA 4x

Cockpit Display resolution: 1024

AG radar use shader, it DO hit FPS when turn on or aggressive maneuver: scanning new terrain.

AG radar use shader, it DO hit FPS when turn on or aggressive maneuver: scanning new terrain.

Just to be clear, this problem for me is new to 2.5.6. I had no measurable fps loss in 2.5.5 at all. Also, the fps doesn't just tank when turning on the radar initially or during a maneuver. As long as the radar is on, the horrible fps is there, even if just flying straight and level (minimal new terrain processing)

Hope the information helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I am experiencing a massive FPS drop when using the center MFD for anything requiring a shader to work; WMD Pod or A/G Radar. Only since this patch, and weirdly enough I have zero issues putting them on the side MFDs.

Sorry for being anecdotal, hopefully it helps somewhat identifying the problem, if it is indeed module specific.

I've been doing testing, and I think the issues are on ED side, not on Deka Ironworks team hand…

Every one of us we're fine befor the 2.5.6, but with the 2.5.6 patch the issues appeared.

I see my jeff cockpit stuttering and losing fps also since 2.5.6 actually with other issues and general performance

So i blame ed for that not Deka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I am experiencing a massive FPS drop when using the center MFD for anything requiring a shader to work; WMD Pod or A/G Radar. Only since this patch, and weirdly enough I have zero issues putting them on the side MFDs.

Sorry for being anecdotal, hopefully it helps somewhat identifying the problem, if it is indeed module specific.

Hi,

Could you try attached device_init.lua in SP and see which MFCD with AG/TGP etc turned on can cause massive FPS drop?

download it and put the file to Mods/aircraft/JF-17/Cockpit/Scripts/

device_init.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Using your .lua file the issue remained the same (albeit only in MP), with what I thought was a "workaround" no longer working; no matter which MFD I put it on, FPS would tank a tremendous amount.

That said, I think I solved my issue:

I turned off G-Sync for DCS in Nvidia control panel. G-sync, the way I understand it, compensates for low fps. Thing is, in SP my FPS are basically never below 80; it's just not very demanding in most cases.

In MP however (in this case the hoggit servers) my FPS average around 40-50, which makes G-Sync inclined to try compensate. I'm assuming (a lot, I know) it has some weird interaction going on with the MFDs that causes it to freak out: When the FPS drop happens my GPU usage drops to about 40% from its usual 99-100%, and upon turning the MFDs off it hops back to normal.

TL;DR: Turn G-Sync off and report back on the issue.

Edit: Well, turns out the ground radar still murders my FPS, with the exact same symptoms as described above (GPU usage dropping down to ~5% even). Sorry for giving hope. So far still exclusive to Multiplayer.

Edited by Sangusan

Big FPS drop when turning the batteries on for me, no VR.

Its weird, its only when the warning lights are flashing. I get 60 fps, then the warning light flash it drops to 30, they turn off it goes to 60, etc etc...

and when all the warning lights are turned off and the plane is running, its stay at 30 if I look in front of me, even if MFCD are turned off

Using your .lua file the issue remained the same (albeit only in MP), with what I thought was a "workaround" no longer working; no matter which MFD I put it on, FPS would tank a tremendous amount.

That said, I think I solved my issue:

I turned off G-Sync for DCS in Nvidia control panel. G-sync, the way I understand it, compensates for low fps. Thing is, in SP my FPS are basically never below 80; it's just not very demanding in most cases.

In MP however (in this case the hoggit servers) my FPS average around 40-50, which makes G-Sync inclined to try compensate. I'm assuming (a lot, I know) it has some weird interaction going on with the MFDs that causes it to freak out: When the FPS drop happens my GPU usage drops to about 40% from its usual 99-100%, and upon turning the MFDs off it hops back to normal.

TL;DR: Turn G-Sync off and report back on the issue.

Edit: Well, turns out the ground radar still murders my FPS, with the exact same symptoms as described above (GPU usage dropping down to ~5% even). Sorry for giving hope. So far still exclusive to Multiplayer.

I tried it as well and still tanks.

My game even froze when i turned ground radar on (in mp) and had to kill it in the task manager

I tried it as well and still tanks.

My game even froze when i turned ground radar on (in mp) and had to kill it in the task manager

Same issue here; frames tank in MP with AG Radar but my game drops to 1-2fps when turning on the TPOD in MP (vr). Happened multiple times to me now since the last update

Massive Frame drops in A/G mode. Happens even if AG radar display or TPOD display is not up. Its worse when TPOD or AG radar is up.
I can confirm. This same condition lead to stutter and paused then crashed in MP. I tested it on SP but only had momentarily stutter when switch to AG Mode but went fine. I suspect it AG radar need to be optimised ?

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze