Dark HUD (1.5.7.x and 2.1.x)

stratojet

The latest updates still do not solve the problem of hud tinted in the F5, please keep this in mind. It is very difficult to operate the F5 at full capacity with this problem. Thank you. :thumbup:

0b468b8e706ca7fee5ccb7a15ed289fb.png

93cbe392860bf55f1429579080721d13.png

*** FIXED IN 1.5.8.12265 OPEN BETA *** (01/12/2017)

Screen_171206_235934.png

Edited by stratojet

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64Gb 3600Mhz, 1Tb NVMe, RTX 4080, Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Monitor: 32" 2K 165Hz, RV: HP Reverb G1

• 3 weeks later...

It's ridiculous, this should've been hotfixed 24 hours after this bug was introduced. Instead of fixing bugs that are reported long time they introduce more... How long are we gonna wait? I hope not until 2.5, there will be ton of other bugs that will be not fixed for a year

Thank god we have a beta version where we test all new patches so we can eliminate prbolems before we release it as stable version....

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

Hi! I have same F5 HUD problem here.

I don't understand why Belsimtek is not fixing this problem. Long time We are waiting for a hotfix...

I would like Belsimtek fixed the HUD or explained the cause Why They don't fix It at the moment.

Thanks. :)

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

i hope they give us a completly clear HUD-Glass. Its allready hard enough to spot stuff, so please dont make it any harder by going the "oh but its realistic"-way.

and mind you, the screenshots seem to be taken in good conditions, its even worse in cloudy or twilight conditions

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• 2 weeks later...

did a little digging. You cant even fix it yourself because its not a texture but part of the model...

can we have at least a response to this issue?

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark HUD is on the SU-25 also

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Maybe make it an option in controls. F-15C has it too, I kind of like it. :thumbup:

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

seriously its not 100 % transperant in RL why should it be in game?

It wasn't 100% transparent in game, that's how it looked previously, much closer to the real photos you have posted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=164588&stc=1&d=1497990359

Now the tint in game is way overdone.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

well... i prefer PLAYING a game insetad of having Eyestrain.

there are moments when playability should be more important than realism, otherwise why not make a Check to ensure you dont fly the Worthag beause the F5s stick has only 4 or 5 buttons + Hat.

i wish i had a prePatch Cockpit-EDM file i could use ....

Full transparency is not normal..

94b7d-clip-11kb.jpg?nocache=1

9be55-clip-25kb.jpg?nocache=1

The version of HUD from DCS sim is way darker. In reality is more transparent. Only SU-33 with anti-uv protection turned on looks like these a little darker but almost same... It should be an option to modify this as user's preferences.