104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

You need to switch to open beta. I wonder if it's possible to play on other servers which are not open beta then? Cause then I sure as **** won't change to it.

Many people run Regular and openBeta side by side. Different folder installs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's the reason for changing to open beta?

A couple of key things caught our eye in this release of Open Beta ...

• Multiplayer. Net traffic will be more scalable.

&

• All AA missiles. Added a prolongation target's trajectory when lock is broken. AA missile will not zeroizes assigned overload and go to straight flight, instead missile will fly to calculated intercept point.

We want to start getting data on both these additions included in the changelog, we don't normally update to the Open Beta but we think this is a big enough step up to do so.

We can potentially host more than 51 clients if the Net Traffic is reduced and we want to start practicing with the new updated missiles straight away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2374679']

• All AA missiles. Added a prolongation target's trajectory when lock is broken. AA missile will not zeroizes assigned overload and go to straight flight, instead missile will fly to calculated intercept point.

I'm really curious to know if you noticed any difference in missile behavior.

BTW looking forward to some 80's fun this weekend. :)

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

;2374679']

does anybody even know what that even MEANS?!?

i suppose i can guess what zeriozes means but.. what's "assigned overload"?

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.2.16.38741.722 should be available in updater for release builds now

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Well I have just finished installing fU*ki*G OpenBeta, set mods... Now I'm going to kill myself!!! :megalol: :mad:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Well I have just finished installing fU*ki*G OpenBeta, set mods... Now I'm going to kill myself!!! :megalol: :mad:

Use the OpenBeta from day one of a new update works fine. Then you have a week or two to play with these small updates, if you wait a week before updating the OpenBeta it's to late :doh:

This was so with me, but the after formatted disk had only public version ... there was no server for the beta. Last night saw the 104th is on beta, so I decide to install it... annnnd :doh:

Sorry for offtopic 104th. ;)

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

G-load in a turn at the point of target lock-loss, I assume.

ah ---- that makes a little more sense

i didn't interpret it that way but maybe that's correct..

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excited about the updated net traffic scaling that DCS World version 1.2.16.38741 changes. Lets hope some of the bad lag disappears! :thumbup:

what if..................

what if the next patch does get rid of lag... for the current number of clients

so in response they bump up the number of clients.. and the lag comes back!

(isn't that just about the whole history of computers? hardware makers design a certain capability/functionality and then the software makers use all of that capability and then some to the point where it bogs down the hardware? and we're essentially right back where we started?)

wouldn't it be even better if the sim could see when a client is lagging like crazy (and bringing down everyone else's quality (that's what i understand is happening) and drop that problem client until their connection/ping improves - ??

just sayin...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S5dnFOH.jpg

We've rebuilt an old favorite! Operation Watcher returns into our server rotation this evening!

We are now hosting six different missions around the clock, we hope you enjoy the variety!

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

wouldn't it be even better if the sim could see when a client is lagging like crazy (and bringing down everyone else's quality (that's what i understand is happening) and drop that problem client until their connection/ping improves - ??

just sayin...

I know some servers have a script that will kick clients with a ping above a specified number.

I think the 104th uses this script?

I know some servers have a script that will kick clients with a ping above a specified number.

I think the 104th uses this script?

Yes, Servman does this automatically and you are not allowed back to the server for a set time (default 15 minutes).

I normally advise people who want to start running a second (OpenBeta, Release) installation, to manually copy and paste the entire folder contents of 1 installation into the "_downloads" folder of the new installation (but deleting the "bin" folders contained throughout), just at the point where the new Launcher.exe is beginning to download the entire installation (I stop the launcher at 'downloading files', copy and paste, then restart the Launcher.) Saves about.... ~15gigabytes or so and considerable time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Operation Watcher" That is the great news :)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

;2375322']

We've rebuilt an old favorite! Operation Watcher returns into our server rotation this evening!

There was good action on this one last night! :)

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Operation Watcher - I like it. I love A2A and in this mission last night we have it more than in other missions. :thumbup:

Sucks that most mods that worked in .16 don't work at all in OB. I get into the server fine and rearm and taxi then takeoff roll, hit burners and BOOM DCS stops working lol

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

"If multiplayer mission was saved with the prepare mission tool in Mission Editor, it will save the default FOV for the machine it was created on, every client is forced to use this FOV on connection.

It is a server side issue, and will need the host of the server and mission to edit the mission and delete the CONFIG/View folder out of the mission itself, so that it will then use the clients FOV settings on connections.

Regards, Ian"

Can we ask you guys to delete that file so we will be able to set our FOV permanently ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

"If multiplayer mission was saved with the prepare mission tool in Mission Editor, it will save the default FOV for the machine it was created on, every client is forced to use this FOV on connection.

It is a server side issue, and will need the host of the server and mission to edit the mission and delete the CONFIG/View folder out of the mission itself, so that it will then use the clients FOV settings on connections.

Regards, Ian"

Can we ask you guys to delete that file so we will be able to set our FOV permanently ?

wrong thread?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]