Saitek X52Pro Mfd and Fip how to home

algerad3

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for new folder

Have some a-10 gauges set up to go.

Not the best ...but again neither where the others. Still gaining skills.

I am going to do p-51 (some) gauges. Since I now have Mi-8 will do some of those gauges and then... Will rewrite script to add functions of x-52 pro ( kinda walked away from it while doing fips) and add button and light functions.

Then I will redraw most of the gauges and label the leds(on the fip)

Then I should be able to get the how to manual and Wiki pages completed.

Hoping for a peaceful and productive week.

Now for the new (not perfect)gauges.

This is set up for dcs world and requires the previous download. ( post 221)

put the saiteka-10 script in C:\users\saved games\dcs\scripts.

The gauges folder goes into C:\program files\saitek\directoutput\ folder.

Use scite to start a-10c no buttons.

any questions post here.

Flyingcircus: I did not realize they had a new driver set for the fips and x-52 pro , I will install and investigate tomorrow ; for now I am off for some well deserved stick time. :joystick:

Enjoy :pilotfly: until the next update.

a10c no buttons.lua

saiteka10c.lua

A-10 gauges.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

I have not instrument panels to test your script, neither I play DCS simulators, but I'm sure it's an amazing job and the community will appreciate it.

Regarding the new drivers you will find some bugs in the test program before you can compile it (I remember disabling some of the GUI functionalities such as the centering window method in order to achieve it). If you are a bit confused I will gladly offer a helping hand, but take into account I'm not an advanced programmer (don't have an IT degree, I'm an engineer of a different kind so I know the basics).

I have some free time as of now and I will install the new drivers/sdk and take a look now.

I appreciate the offer of support and I am sure it will come in handy . Stay tuned and I will post again soon with my conclusions.

( I am not skilled in programming but, I am willing to delve into the dark realities of it)

I downloaded and installed the new drivers and I am pretty sure they are borked.

The page change does not work , and the fips new drivers will not install properly( or let the display register the included pics/adverts)

I also tried to use the "test " program in the directoutput files and as flyingcircus has noted, the page change and button presses are not recognized. The fips are not noticed by the test program as well.

Using the new drivers for my previous iteration of lua scripts , I find the page one shows up but I am unable to get to page two and beyond. The fips seem to be non existant.

I would advise all not to upgrade to the newest drivers X52Pro or Fips.

What make things worse , now I am having a problem reversing course and installing the old drivers.

Now I have to clean the registry and try to get things to work again.... One more for the team I suppose. LOL....I will be back!!!!!

Here is something I found on the matter of the drivers. I hope what I am doing is o.k as Saitek's website seems to have issues with allowing new members.

Here is the link if you have accces to the site:http://www.saitekforum.com/showpost.php?p=91389&postcount=2

Here is the important content ( The credit to the solution goes to Raptor 007...Thanx) :

Well I've tried everything, and unfortunately it appears the X52 Pro DirectOutput contains a broken FIP DLL that's "newer" than the one included with the FIP DirectOutput. As far as I know, this means there's no easy way to install both sets of drivers together.

Fortunately I was able to devise a fix:

1. Start fresh. Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features and uninstall any existing copies of Saitek DirectOutput.
  2. Install Saitek FIP drivers 7.0.11.1.
  3. Copy C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\DirectOutputSaiFip.dll to your desktop. (This file's properties should show version 7.0.11.1.)
  4. Install Saitek X52 Pro drivers 7.0.27.13.
  5. Go to Start -> Run and type "services.msc".
  6. Find Saitek DirectOutput and Stop the service.
  7. Copy DirectOutputSaiFip.dll from your desktop into C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput, replacing the existing (broken) file.
  8. Start the Saitek DirectOutput service.

I am once again able to see both X52 Pro and FIP simultaneously as available DirectOutput devices in my Falcon 4 utility.

Update: Instead of all that, you can just install FIP drivers, then X52 Pro drivers, then this fix:

Attached Files zip.gif Saitek FIP Driver Fix 7.0.11.1 64-bit.zip (190.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Raptor007 : 30th September 2013 at 21:40. Reason: phrasing

quote.gif

• Like 1

Following your instructions I understand you end up with DirectOutput 7.0.27.13 for the x52 Pro plus the version 7.0.11.1 for the FIP. In such a case the x52 part would still be broken regarding page changes and button presses, right?

I would like to know which one was the previous version to 7.0.27.13 for the x52, maybe 6.2.2.4?

I'm trying to go back to 6.2.2.4 drivers. I've even delted the registry entries indicated in this same thread. Drivers seem to work fine but DirectOutput devices aren't detected when running the test programs. If you know of a proper uninstall-install guide I could address to it would make my life much easier.

I spent two days trying to figure that out myself....Crazy stuff. Gotta start over .. go to control panel ->programs-> uninstall. Find The Saitek entries and uninstall all you find.

Follow the previous instructions and clean out all Madcatz/saitek folders from C:programs files/C:program files(x86)/and c:windows/temp/.

Clean Registry.

Make sure that the devices are plugged in(I know you only have the x-52 but, for others make sure the fips are plugged in)) ..

Go back to Control panel...Device manager. and find the saitek devices. open properties and uninstall all devices.

Restart and reinstall per proper procedures.

That should do it. ( Was the final method that finally worked for me .)

Good luck ... Post back if you still have issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Just order my FIP will go well with x65f

I might need some help with this gauges installation

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

OOOPsies... I just got things reinstalled and drew some gauges for the p51..

Tried to have a go at things and could not get the gauges up..

I think some of you guy's need to look at the export files( saiteka10c,saitekka50..etc. ) look for the "require "saitek" line and delete.

My bad....

P-51 gaues up soon, mi 8, then back to adding the x-52 and button commands then of course the long awaited how to manual/wiki/coloring book/Deny coupons/black Friday....

Thanks

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

• 2 months later...

Wow !!!! Has it really been that long ?

I have been extremely busy the last few months and had to put this project on the back burner for a minute.

Things are starting to slow down and I will be able to press forward here in the next few days. I hope things are working well enough to keep you guy's interested and just know that improvements are on the way.

Cheers !!!!

Thanks for update !!

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650d

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO