Evreux Concrete Runway?

MAD-MM

Not any rely able Sources but so far Wiki and one Photo shows the Luftwaffe lay down two concrete Runways 1943? Any one future Information these?

So far in DCS it is also a SMT Track kind of strange for the German Airfield?

A Messerschmitt Bf 109 at Évreux-Fauville Airfield in 1943

Evreux4.jpg

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Need Mustang to do some runway textures!

Once I get Normandy up (still downloading at dial up modem speeds on my ultra fast Broadband!) I am sure there are more airfields that had concrete runways. If we make a list, one of our terrain modders could rustle up a cement mixer!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Modders wont touch this most likely for a long while. First, its an alpha, second, the file structure is completely different from 1.5. It is more reasonable to hope the developers deal with it, at least we know they can make concrete runways.

Also if modders did it, they would only replace the texture- meaning all fields would be concrete, not just selected ones.

The devs should put some effort into making the permanent airfields like Tangmere and Carpiquet seem as such. The same default hangars and tents everywhere seems very cobbled together. I trust that this is given the current alpha state of the map. I see some bases have sollid/permanent hangar. These should be used at permanent fields.

Also- grass i hangars should be dealth with, as well as making some form of track/patch around the camps. In terms of believe ambience thsi has a significant impact, as well as coastlines having trees and grass going all the way down to the coastline. Will make a more comprehensive post in a suitable thread.

The devs should put some effort into making the permanent airfields like Tangmere and Carpiquet seem as such. The same default hangars and tents everywhere seems very cobbled together. I trust that this is given the current alpha state of the map. I see some bases have sollid/permanent hangar. These should be used at permanent fields.

This would be good, I agree. Right now Normandy feels very "generated" to me.

About a year or whatever after the first NTTR alpha release we got a huge update to it that gave us the new airfields, etc. I doubt anyone considers Normandy complete, so there's probably still some room for integrating improvements like this to polish it.

--gos

Why was this moved to the wishlist section? Seems more like an error to be fixed than a nice to have....

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Because we wish they'd change it. Cosmetic, and non-essential doesn't constitute a bug right now does it? Sure, a concrete runway would be desirable, but wouldn't you like the Normandy map to be optimised, the asset pack to be completed, and a push for a full release first? That's what I wish for anyway.

And in any case, haven't we got better things to talk about than why a moderator decided to place a thread in a different location?

You mean all those things that they delayed release for?? Yeah would be cool if that stuff worked.....

Isn't the whole point of the map that it looks like it did in 1944?? Doesn't constitute non essential to me.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
Not any rely able Sources but so far Wiki and one Photo shows the Luftwaffe lay down two concrete Runways 1943? Any one future Information these?

So far in DCS it is also a SMT Track kind of strange for the German Airfield?

A Messerschmitt Bf 109 at Évreux-Fauville Airfield in 1943

Evreux4.jpg

I'll look into it, and submit it as a feature request, anymore info you have would be great, send it my way via this thread or PM. I'll be looking too.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 4 weeks later...

Infos about german airfields in france: http://www.ww2.dk/Airfields%20-%20France.pdf

Évreux-Fauville

Surface and Runways: two concrete runways with concrete assembly hardstands built in the 1930s and laid out in the form of an “X” - (1) approx. 1645 meters (1800 yards) aligned NE/SW, and (2) approx. 1600 meters (1750 yards) aligned E/W. Otherwise, level grass on clay subsoil. Extensive taxiways to dispersal areas. Both runways equipped with night landing capability (permanent illumination and flare-paths, visual Lorenz system, beam approach system).

Caen-Carpiquet

Runways: a single 1650 meter (1800 yard) NW/SE concrete runway with a paved assembly area at the SE end. Built by the Germans in 1941, it was originally 1,000 meters in length. There was also a second paved area at the N end of the W boundary. A direction finding station was located 9 km SE of the airfield. Equipped with permanent illumination and a visual Lorenz system for night landings.

Edited by birkenmoped
  • Like 1

Infos about german airfields in france: http://www.ww2.dk/Airfields%20-%20France.pdf

Évreux-Fauville

Surface and Runways: two concrete runways with concrete assembly hardstands built in the 1930s and laid out in the form of an “X” - (1) approx. 1645 meters (1800 yards) aligned NE/SW, and (2) approx. 1600 meters (1750 yards) aligned E/W. Otherwise, level grass on clay subsoil.

Caen-Carpiquet

Runways: a single 1650 meter (1800 yard) NW/SE concrete runway with a paved assembly area at the SE end. Built by the Germans in 1941, it was originally 1,000 meters in length. There was also a second paved area at the N end of the W boundary. A direction finding station was located 9 km SE of the airfield. Equipped with permanent illumination and a visual Lorenz system for night landings.

Thx

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did it Sithspawn? Did it? Diditdiditdiditdidit?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria