Normandy Map Discussion - Page 261 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 07:47 PM   #2601
Torso

Reputation power: 2
Torso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Do you have any wind in the mission so that there is some chop to the water?

I was surprised too to see the water had no depth/movement at all when I got all working finally. So unless you set high wind the ocean is basically at a 'glass' setting by default it appears.

Would be nice if ED made a change to make it have some minimum movement by default, so that it was not like a solid plane surface by default as it is now currently or rely on the user to set it up. I flew a couple quick missions and the mission creators appeared to leave it at wind 0 instead changing it so mission creators need to consider this as well it appears.
Torso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #2602
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 89
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torso View Post
I was surprised too to see the water had no depth/movement at all when I got all working finally. So unless you set high wind the ocean is basically at a 'glass' setting by default it appears.

Would be nice if ED made a change to make it have some minimum movement by default, so that it was not like a solid plane surface by default as it is now currently or rely on the user to set it up. I flew a couple quick missions and the mission creators appeared to leave it at wind 0 instead changing it so mission creators need to consider this as well it appears.
Perhaps, I don't think I have seen a completely calm ocean, so maybe they can build some movement in without any wind. Of course I havent seen many days at the beach with zero wind either, least not in my neck of the woods
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:10 PM   #2603
mr_mojo97

Reputation power: 8
mr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura aboutmr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura aboutmr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura aboutmr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura about

Well after finally getting everything installed.... I like it. I really like it. Yes there are a few foibles and graphical issues and my FPS is only at 20 over towns and cities but who cares? The trees are full and rounded (and collidable. Oops), there are some birds (more needed please), the buildings look miles better, the whole thing - it just looks much more realistic.
I did what I set out to do and that was fly my Spit from France to England at dusk with a beer and I was very, very happy. I've yet to test the different settings so maybe I'll make it better still.
Cheers ED, have one on me.
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.3GHz | MSI GTX1070 Gaming X 8Gb | 128Gb Crucial M4 SSD | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (DCS and OS) | 250Gb HDD | 16Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Corsair Ballistix| NZXT H440 case | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm|

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | JetSeat | Thrustmaster MFDs | Logitech G13 | Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #2604
NeilWillis
Veteran

Reputation power: 17
NeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torso View Post

Yes, there is plenty of work to do. Flat calm seas are possible, but very rare, especially in a tidal waterway like the channel.

No doubt there will be a lot of tweaks made in the light of our feedback.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #2605
Lenux

Reputation power: 2
Lenux is on a distinguished road

I attached here my settings.
When i fly over the fields ( no buildings, only trees, etc ) i have about 40 fps - average
When i fly over buildings, houses, i have 30 - 33 fps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	162968