104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Pls also place mistral gazelle in team red

Please read the mission briefing, the mission you flew on was East vs West, the Gazelle is only available on Blue in that mission.

On the non East vs West missions its on the Red Side

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Btw there is a bug on OP Leopard, red Mistral is spawning next to FARP, where it cannot load Mistrals... -.-

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Just wanted to say I'm loving the missions with AWACS added. As someone who flies the Su-27 mostly, I think it's neat datalink is coming back into style.

I just wish the plane to plane datalink worked in multiplayer.

Its something that makes the Flanker unique, and gives it a sort of asymmetric balance against the F-15's superior... almost everything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just wanted to say I'm loving the missions with AWACS added. As someone who flies the Su-27 mostly, I think it's neat datalink is coming back into style.

Nice! Glad you're enjoying them, I was hoping it would breathe new life into the Flanker pilots on the server :D

Now all of our missions except two have the AWACS added!

Look out for CA being added to the server for GCI tonight or tomorrow depending on if I get the time today, should make things even more intense!

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not enough teamwork on red tonight. Nobody talking what's going on near my position, nobody covering me...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hey Mav, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

Is sim shaker supposed to be working? I saw a post where you said it should work now, but its not working for me.

Are the AWACS invincible?

Is there a significant amount of people using simple radio? I have connected to your SR server, but no one responds on guard or any other freq i try.

Thanks!

Actually tonight it felt more like everyone in red team wanted to have fun on their own, not interested in teamwork at all... If you guys srsly wanna achieve something in life it DOESN'T go without teamwork and communication!!! Imagine a 104th event, we would've lost within 15 minutes lol... please guys.

Hey Mav, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

Is sim shaker supposed to be working? I saw a post where you said it should work now, but its not working for me.

Is there a significant amount of people using simple radio? I have connected to your SR server, but no one responds on guard or any other freq i try.

Thanks!

The AWACS are not invincible. But the Refuel planes are. If you try to kill the RED AWACS it can be confusing cause the red AWACS will be Identified as IL-76 instead of A-50. Back in the day's about a year ago the Russian AWACS still showed as A-50 on radar ID. The Blue AWACS is still shown as E-3 doh.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

It was working a short while ago but we had to turn off exports while we look further into some exploits that can be done by having the exports enabled. Sadly a small number of clients ruin this for the majority as they seek to find ways to cheat the Integrity Check to gain an advantage, so I'm afraid for now exports will all be turned OFF till we find a solution.

No, as Winchester pointed out the only Invincible aircraft are the tankers, this is done purely to avoid losing tankers from new refuellers who did not practice offline first and end up colliding with the tanker.

Not really, we have it running most of the time but not a lot of people use it in our server, its mainly Teamspeak.

Hi guys. This is a simple request for you to turn on "allow player export" so I can use my simshaker jetseat on your great server. If it opens the ability for players to cheat I completely understand and support the decision. Thanks.

As mentioned above we have turned off all exports for now while we spend some time looking into ways it can be exploited, hopefully we can turn them on in the near future for you guys as I imagine that seat gives a some enjoyable immersion!

Sorry in the meantime :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.jpg

GCI now added to the AWACS missions using CA.

You must be on the 104th Teamspeak server if you are in any of the Forward Observer slots. Any clients found in the FO slots without being on teamspeak will be kicked from the server!

Please let us know if you see any problems!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The AWACS are not invincible. But the Refuel planes are.
Thanks for the reply

If you try to kill the RED AWACS it can be confusing cause the red AWACS will be Identified as IL-76 instead of A-50. Back in the day's about a year ago the Russian AWACS still showed as A-50 on radar ID. The Blue AWACS is still shown as E-3 doh.

This makes perfect sense, since the A-50 is an IL-76 with the Squash Dome radar on top..

;3082770']As mentioned above we have turned off all exports for now while we spend some time looking into ways it can be exploited, hopefully we can turn them on in the near future for you guys as I imagine that seat gives a some enjoyable immersion!

Sorry in the meantime :(

Thanks for the feedback Mav.

;3082836']Any clients found in the FO slots without being on teamspeak will be kicked from the server!

Please let us know if you see any problems!

Now THAT is an EXCELLENT thing! :)

GCI, awesome!!! thanks!!!

Thanks for the reply

This makes perfect sense, since the A-50 is an IL-76 with the Squash Dome radar on top..

Thanks for the feedback Mav.

Not really.. If we follow that logic the E-3 should be shown as a Boeing 707. They changed A50 to IL76 somewhere down the line.

I have a question: Why am I banned on your server? Is it because of some feedback I gave you here you didn't agree with? (because I didn't break any server rules...)

Or have you banned some IP ranges?

Edit: I haven't even played in a week or more on 104th, only to find out my IP is banned. Something fishy going on here. ;) Where did my IP come from even? I hope it's not the forums, as that's a breach of trust.

Edited by bn880

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a question: Why am I banned on your server? Is it because of some feedback I gave you here you didn't agree with? (because I didn't break any server rules...)

Or have you banned some IP ranges?

Edit: I haven't even played in a week or more on 104th, only to find out my IP is banned. Something fishy going on here. ;) Where did my IP come from even? I hope it's not the forums, as that's a breach of trust.

A) there is a forum section on the 104th forums to appeal bans

B) What kind of IP even, your description is pretty vague for the hinted allegation.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Not really.. If we follow that logic the E-3 should be shown as a Boeing 707. They changed A50 to IL76 somewhere down the line.

NCTR uses Jet Engine Modulation and High Range resolution to perform target recognition. So yes, the A-50 would be identified as an IL-76.

Perhaps because that particular Boeing 707 is squawking mode 4 IFF, the system calls it the E-3..

A) there is a forum section on the 104th forums to appeal bans

B) What kind of IP even, your description is pretty vague for the hinted allegation.

A) Alright, but I'm not on those forums, and it appears I am banned as I can't see the server using my usual IP. I never got any notice from anyone. So I kind of shouldn't have to register to a forum. Maybe they just made a mistake an banned some range of IPs, or it's some ED/DCS bug.

B) An IP , I'm not going to post it here right. It's only my IP/ISP that seems to not see the server. Others see it.

Also it's funny you respond to this message microvax, because I just noticed you posted a disapproval to one of my posts here in this thread with this amazing threat:

104th Phoenix Dedicated... 03-08-2017 07:15 PM microvax https://i.imgflip.com/1l10w2.jpg

Edited by bn880
microvax threat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A) Alright, but I'm not on those forums, and it appears I am banned as I can't see the server using my usual IP. I never got any notice from anyone. So I kind of shouldn't have to register to a forum. Maybe they just made a mistake an banned some range of IPs, or it's some ED/DCS bug.

B) An IP , I'm not going to post it here right. It's only my IP/ISP that seems to not see the server. Others see it.

Also it's funny you respond to this message microvax, because I just noticed you posted a disapproval to one of my posts here in this thread with this amazing threat:

104th Phoenix Dedicated... 03-08-2017 07:15 PM microvax https://i.imgflip.com/1l10w2.jpg

Have you checked where your traffic gets trashed then ?

Maybe just your ISP did break things, I mean its rare but it happend to me at least once. Not with the 104th server, but in general.

Apart from that, I think its pretty legid to register to a forum of a an organisation which runs probably the most imprinting server of a multiplayer enviroment for everyone without requiring any donation etc. from anyone who wants to play there while running a DCS server is actually a pretty hefty investment thanks to DCS glorious way to host a server...

And for the IP, is it your ISP or your IP. Like I really dont know if you actually checked from another address from the same address space or if you are just generalizing very heavily.

There is v4 where everyone pretty much only considers non RFC1918 address space for these things, but I don't know behind what kind of el weirdo NAT/Firewall/ISP your machine is sitting so I am genuily asking what type, not even talking of v6 where there is 3 types of addresses and 3 different scopes.

Then the question would be, is it really "yours" a la static ip or do you just have $consumer service from $ISP ?

And yes that meme is totally mine, I love it and it did fit perfectly well and expressed my disagreement with your tactics with a little humorous sidenote.

Legid reason I am answering you: My average post count per day hints that I am a pretty active forum member. The 104th thread is a pretty central part of the Multiplayer subforum together with the buddyspike thread. I am spending most of my DCS time in Multiplayer, thats why there is a realtively large interest on my side to participate here.

A) Was a legid hint, the helpdesk over there is imho really good.

B) Was both actually a question to figure out any non baning reason and stating that I am disagreeing with such an allegation just based on that vague information about your issue. And I stand by that.

And BTW an IP is not a piece of personal information at all. One can literally scan V4 address space in 20 minutes and its per definition public as soon as you use anything. I am pretty amused to say the least. :D

But here for you personally I grabbed the according section from by now pretty aged RFC 791:

Security

This option provides a way for hosts to send security,

compartmentation, handling restrictions, and TCC (closed user

group) parameters. The format for this option is as follows:

+--------+--------+---//---+---//---+---//---+---//---+

|10000010|00001011|SSS SSS|CCC CCC|HHH HHH| TCC |

+--------+--------+---//---+---//---+---//---+---//---+

Type=130 Length=11

Security (S field): 16 bits

Specifies one of 16 levels of security (eight of which are

reserved for future use).

00000000 00000000 - Unclassified

11110001 00110101 - Confidential

01111000 10011010 - EFTO

10111100 01001101 - MMMM

01011110 00100110 - PROG

10101111 00010011 - Restricted

11010111 10001000 - Secret

01101011 11000101 - Top Secret

00110101 11100010 - (Reserved for future use)

10011010 11110001 - (Reserved for future use)

01001101 01111000 - (Reserved for future use)

00100100 10111101 - (Reserved for future use)

00010011 01011110 - (Reserved for future use)

10001001 10101111 - (Reserved for future use)

11000100 11010110 - (Reserved for future use)

11100010 01101011 - (Reserved for future use)

Problem is your packets will probably get discarded left right and center for using a very unusual option.

Maybee thats the problem. ;)

Edited by microvax
Added RFC791 security reference

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, well i can't really answer too much of the IP stuff here. I will look into it a bit more when time permits and contact some 104th admins if needed. I know it isn't strictly my equipment blocking the traffic that's as much as I can say.

As for the neg reputation: I think it was really low of you as it was not necessary for that post at all, but now I did return the neg favor so lets consider it even. :) Regardless: I would advise you to not try and stick to the meme as almost everything on the servers is recorded, and I won't hesitate to bring you up on a virtual court martial with anyone necessary :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, well i can't really answer too much of the IP stuff here. I will look into it a bit more when time permits and contact some 104th admins if needed. I know it isn't strictly my equipment blocking the traffic that's as much as I can say.

As for the neg reputation: I think it was really low of you as it was not necessary for that post at all, but now I did return the neg favor so lets consider it even. :) Regardless: I would advise you to not try and stick to the meme as almost everything on the servers is recorded, and I won't hesitate to bring you up on a virtual court martial with anyone necessary :p

:D yeah that is fine, I participate in that forum game as well.

Reputation system is kind of a mini game nobody even gets how the points get distributed, I think. :D

But yeah we are even with that I guess. I will be carefull not to STT you to much if I ever find you ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same problem, can't connect to 104th (protocol error, stream error thingy). I can't even ping 104th server. It seem some IP range from my country have been banned (shrug). I did chat to one of guys from 104th member in TS to see the problem and he told me that I'm not in banned list.

Here is the question : let just say it actually correct that some IP range have been banned. How long the ban to take effect ? 1,2 3 months ? I now can't remember the last time I could join the server.

Thanks

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

NCTR uses Jet Engine Modulation and High Range resolution to perform target recognition. So yes, the A-50 would be identified as an IL-76.

Perhaps because that particular Boeing 707 is squawking mode 4 IFF, the system calls it the E-3..

I have no clue what you just said (NCTR??). I don't dispute that the A-50 should/can be shown as IL-76. I just thought it was strange cause it was always shown as A50 on F-15 radar ID before. And the E-3 was not changed to show 707. But it's a logical explanation that the E3 will show up as E3 because of the IFF transponder. Not a big deal doh.. was just curious. Thank you for the answer.