Bomb ripple bug - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
Vatikus

Reputation power: 1
Vatikus is on a distinguished road
Default Bomb ripple bug

If you select.. lets say 4 bombs to be released... you will release less than 4 if you do not hold trigger long enough.
Vatikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
myHelljumper

Reputation power: 5
myHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure it's a bug, look like a feature to me. But I might be wrong

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #3
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 43
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Well, any plane I flew in DCS including the M2000C requires to hold the ordnance drop button for 1 sec or longer to drop bombs and as soon as you release it, the drop is aborted.
In most manuals it is explicitly noted to hold it down for 1.5 to 2 sec to initiate a drop.
Think about a full max bomb load of 10 Mk82 on the Mirage, set to an interval that would give us 0.8 sec between drops.
The complete drop sequence is 8 sec and a bit more as you need to hold the pickle button before the drop starts.
Now you notice the civilian vehicle nearing the convoy you want to ripple upon from the front, a split second after you pressed and hold the butron, a second later (reaction time) you release it and only 2-3 bombs make it off the racks sparing innocent civilians lifes...

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 7 | i7 2600K@4.4GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 970 4GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker Soundmod & 2x Basspump III
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | 2 Somikon 7" screens for the MFDs...| a hand made UFC
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote