1.5.6 Can't re load A10 with GBU-10 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
Accipiter

Reputation power: 9
Accipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Hansolo;3053863]Hi David,

Did you by any chance do a 'Prepare Mission' when you made the mission?. If I take control of your track I can't get it to work either.
However if I delete the DSMS folder from your track, then reload the track loading DSMS works fine.

/QUOTE]

I did not use the "prepare mission".

Its just a simple quick airfield attack mission. The only thing I did was switch the sides from blue to red. I began by using a Russian A10c, but then switched to a US A10c and altered the runway target from blue to a red runway. Surely that would not affect the DSMS page?

Can you tell me how I can delete the DSMS folder from the .miz file? I know you can convert it, using the Zip function, but how do you convert it back into the .miz format?

Thanks.

Regards

David
Old 02-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #12
Hansolo

Reputation power: 11
Hansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really nice

Hi David,

That is certainly strange. I will try to do same a little later. Anyway double click on your blablabla.miz file and let it open with e.g. winrar or winzip. Mark the DSMS folder and delete it. DO NOT SAVE. Just close the winrar/winzip window and you should be all good

Cheers
Hans
Old 02-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #13
Accipiter

Reputation power: 9
Accipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansolo View Post
Hi David,

That is certainly strange. I will try to do same a little later. Anyway double click on your blablabla.miz file and let it open with e.g. winrar or winzip. Mark the DSMS folder and delete it. DO NOT SAVE. Just close the winrar/winzip window and you should be all good

Cheers
Hans
Thanks.

The DSMS delete worked, I can see the correct load out now.

Cheers

David
Old 02-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #14
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 54
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansolo View Post
If I take control of your track I can't get it to work either.
However if I delete the DSMS folder from your track, then reload the track loading DSMS works fine.
Spot-on!

The track contains a bunch of folders that shouldn't be there. "Prepare mission" is known to cause this problem, but a friend once had all these folders in a mission of his and he assured me he never used "Prepare mission", so maybe there's something else that might trigger it.

In any case, if you delete all A-10C specific folders from the track, it should work again.

The only folders/files needed in a track are (folders in bold):
  • Config
  • l10n
  • Scripts
  • track
  • track_data
  • mission
  • options
  • warehouses

(I'm assuming everyone is aware that a trick is simply a zip file with .trk extension and can be opened with WinZip, WinRar etc. Win10 can even do it without 3rd party tools. If you weren't aware, now you are )

Edit: Huh, somehow I must have missed that you guys already figured it all out. I consider myself sniped.